Martha Gene Meraviglia
Affiliation: University of Texas
- Nurse-Friendly Hospital Project: enhancing nurse retention and quality of careMartha Meraviglia
School of Nursing, The University of Texas at Austin, USA
J Nurs Care Qual 23:305-13; quiz 14-5. 2008..The Nurse-Friendly Hospital Project was designed to improve nurses' work environment in rural and small hospitals in Texas. Findings demonstrate improvements in nurse retention, nurse staffing, and quality of care...
- Creating a positive work environment: implementation of the nurse-friendly hospital criteriaMartha Meraviglia
School of Nursing, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78701, USA
J Nurs Adm 39:64-70. 2009..The authors discuss nurses' perception of presence of NF criteria before and after they were incorporated at each hospital and the implementation outcomes...
- Health promotion for cancer survivors: adaptation and implementation of an interventionMartha Meraviglia
School of Nursing, University of Texas at Austin, 78701, USA
Holist Nurs Pract 27:140-7. 2013..Findings indicate the health promotion intervention improved cancer survivors' self-efficacy and increased their use of health-promoting behaviors...
- Prayer in people with cancerMartha G Meraviglia
University of Texas at Austin, School of Nursing, USA
Cancer Nurs 25:326-31. 2002..The prayer scale is a sensitive instrument for assessing prayer activities, experiences, and attitudes of people with cancer. Prayer is a valuable internal resource, which can lessen the effect of cancer...
- The effects of spirituality on well-being of people with lung cancerMartha Gene Meraviglia
School of Nursing, University of Texas, Austin, TX, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 31:89-94. 2004..To examine the effects of spirituality on the sense of well-being of people with lung cancer...
- Effects of spirituality in breast cancer survivorsMartha Meraviglia
School of Nursing at The University of Texas at Austin, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 33:E1-7. 2006..To examine the effects of spirituality (meaning in life and prayer) on a sense of well-being among women who have had breast cancer...
- Providing spiritual care to terminally ill older adultsMartha Meraviglia
University of Texas at Austin, School of Nursing, Austin, Texas 78701 1499, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 34:8-14. 2008
- Health-promoting behaviors of low-income cancer survivorsMartha Gene Meraviglia
Clinical Nursing, School of Nursing, University of Texas at Austin, TX 78701, USA
Clin Nurse Spec 25:118-24. 2011..The purpose of this study was to explore the health-promoting (HP) behaviors of low-income cancer survivors before and after their diagnosis of cancer...