Kofi A Mensah
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- The emerging field of osteoimmunologyKofi A Mensah
The Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester Medical Center, NY, USA
Immunol Res 45:100-13. 2009....
- CD16 (FcRgammaIII) as a potential marker of osteoclast precursors in psoriatic arthritisYahui Grace Chiu
Allergy Immunology and Rheumatology Unit, University of Rochester Medical School, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R14. 2010..Our previous studies showed an elevated frequency of OC precursors (OCP) in PsA patients. Here, we examined if OC arise from CD16-positive monocytes in PsA...
- Altered bone remodeling in psoriatic arthritisKofi A Mensah
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 665, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Curr Rheumatol Rep 10:311-7. 2008..It also discusses the effects of tumor necrosis factor inhibition on bone resorption and new bone formation in PsA...
- RANKL induces heterogeneous DC-STAMP(lo) and DC-STAMP(hi) osteoclast precursors of which the DC-STAMP(lo) precursors are the master fusogensKofi A Mensah
Center for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Cell Physiol 223:76-83. 2010..RANKL induces osteoclastogenesis by stimulating DC-STAMP internalization in some OCP, and these DC-STAMP(lo) cells display the "master fusogen" phenotype. In contrast, DC-STAMP(hi) OCP can only act as mononuclear donors...
- Regulation of human osteoclast development by dendritic cell-specific transmembrane protein (DC-STAMP)Ya Hui Chiu
Allergy Immunology and Rheumatology Division, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Bone Miner Res 27:79-92. 2012..Taken together, these data show that DC-STAMP is a potential OCP biomarker in inflammatory arthritis. Moreover, in addition to its effect on cell fusion, DC-STAMP dynamically regulates cell signaling during osteoclastogenesis...