Carolyn A Mendez-Luck
Affiliation: University of California
- Concepts of burden in giving care to older relatives: a study of female caregivers in a Mexico City neighborhoodCarolyn A Mendez-Luck
Department of Community Health Sciences, UCLA School of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA, 90095 1772, USA
J Cross Cult Gerontol 23:265-82. 2008..Moreover, our findings suggest that researchers studying caregiving in Mexico should think about how burden is measured on existing instruments before adapting them for widespread use...
- Guardians of health: the dimensions of elder caregiving among women in a Mexico City neighborhoodCarolyn A Mendez-Luck
UCLA School of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Soc Sci Med 68:228-34. 2009..These findings increase the cultural understanding of caregiving in Mexico. Further research is needed to test the caregiving concepts identified in this study...
- Recruitment strategies and costs associated with community-based research in a Mexican-origin populationCarolyn A Mendez-Luck
Department of Community Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of California Los Angeles 90095, USA
Gerontologist 51:S94-105. 2011..We reviewed study documents using case study methodology to categorize recruitment methods, examine community partnerships, and calculate study costs...
- Psychosocial and cognitive health differences by caregiver status among older Mexican AmericansAngelica P Herrera
Department of Community Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Community Ment Health J 49:61-72. 2013..In order to support the efforts of this disproportionately burdened caregiver group, increased social support and healthcare services are needed...
- Small-area estimation of health insurance coverage for California legislative districtsHongjian Yu
Center for Health Policy Research, University of California, Los Angeles 90024, USA
Am J Public Health 97:731-7. 2007..To aid state and local policymakers, program planners, and community advocates, we created estimates of the percentage of the population lacking health insurance in small geographic areas of California...
- Health behaviors among Baby Boomer informal caregiversGeoffrey J Hoffman
Department of Health Services, School of Public Health, University of California at Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
Gerontologist 52:219-30. 2012..This study examines health-risk behaviors among "Baby Boomer" caregivers and non-caregivers...
- Estimating health conditions for small areas: asthma symptom prevalence for state legislative districtsCarolyn A Mendez-Luck
UCLA School of Public Health, Department of Community Health Sciences, UCLA Center for Health Improvement in Minority Elders Resource Centers for Minority Aging Research, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
Health Serv Res 42:2389-409. 2007..To create prevalence estimates of asthma symptoms for California legislative districts...