Affiliation: University of New England
- Eating disorders and trauma history in women with perinatal depressionSamantha Meltzer-Brody
Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 20:863-70. 2011..We examined the prevalence of comorbid eating disorders (ED) and trauma history in women with perinatal depression...
- Early breastfeeding experiences and postpartum depressionStephanie Watkins
Gillings School of Global Public Health, Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7435, USA
Obstet Gynecol 118:214-21. 2011..The first weeks after childbirth are a critical period for mother and newborn. Women may present with lactation failure and postpartum depression. It is unclear how a woman's early breastfeeding experiences relate to postpartum depression...
- Obsessional thoughts and compulsive behaviors in a sample of women with postpartum mood symptomsJonathan S Abramowitz
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, CB 3270, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Arch Womens Ment Health 13:523-30. 2010..Clinicians should assess for anxiety and obsessive-compulsive symptoms as routinely as they assess for depressive symptoms in the perinatal period...
- A brief screening instrument to detect posttraumatic stress disorder in outpatient gynecologySamantha Meltzer-Brody
Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27955, USA
Obstet Gynecol 104:770-6. 2004..Our objectives were 1) to document the prevalence of a trauma history among women seeking routine gynecologic care and 2) to evaluate a 4-item screening instrument for PTSD for triaging women with a trauma history for further evaluation...
- Identification of diagnostic subtypes of chronic pelvic pain and how subtypes differ in health status and trauma historyJane Leserman
Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7160, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:554-60; discussion 560-1. 2006..We hypothesized that women with diffuse abdominal/pelvic pain would have greater health impairment and report more lifetime trauma than women with vulvovaginal pain or cyclic pain...
- Elevated corticotropin releasing hormone (CRH) during pregnancy and risk of postpartum depression (PPD)Samantha Meltzer-Brody
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:E40-7. 2011..There are conflicting reports of associations between midpregnancy placental CRH (pCRH) and PPD or PND...
- New insights into perinatal depression: pathogenesis and treatment during pregnancy and postpartumSamantha Meltzer-Brody
Perinatal Psychiatry Program, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Dialogues Clin Neurosci 13:89-100. 2011....