Michelle E Melisko
Affiliation: University of California
- New challenges and opportunities in the management of brain metastases in patients with ErbB2-positive metastatic breast cancerMichelle E Melisko
Breast Oncology Clinical Trials Program, UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California San Francisco, 1600 Divisadero Street, San Francisco, CA 94115 1710, USA
Nat Clin Pract Oncol 6:25-33. 2009....
- Acute ovarian failure underestimates age-specific reproductive impairment for young women undergoing chemotherapy for cancerJoseph M Letourneau
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California at San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, California, USA
Cancer 118:1933-9. 2012..The authors sought to describe the age-specific impact of infertility and early menopause after chemotherapy among reproductive age women with cancer...
- Phase I dose-escalation study of 5-day intermittent oral lapatinib therapy in patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-overexpressing breast cancerA Jo Chien
A Jo Chien, Pamela N Munster, Michelle E Melisko, Hope S Rugo, John W Park, Andrei Goga, Glenna Auerback, Elham Khanafshar, and Mark M Moasser, Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center A Jo Chien, Pamela N Munster, Michelle E Melisko, Hope S Rugo, John W Park, Andrei Goga, Glenna Auerback, Elham Khanafshar, Karen Ordovas, and Mark M Moasser, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA and Kevin M Koch, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, NC
J Clin Oncol 32:1472-9. 2014..In mouse models, such doses are not tolerable in continuous administration, but they are tolerable and highly effective in intermittent dosing. We pursued the clinical translation of this treatment hypothesis...
- Brain metastases in breast cancer: clinical and pathologic characteristics associated with improvements in survivalMichelle E Melisko
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, 1600 Divisadero Street, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
J Neurooncol 88:359-65. 2008..As breast cancer patients live longer with control of systemic disease, survival after the diagnosis of brain metastases (BM) also appears to be improving...
- Patient and physician attitudes toward breast cancer clinical trials: developing interventions based on understanding barriersMichelle E Melisko
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 6:45-54. 2005..Also, with increasing patient interest in complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) for cancer, we explored attitudes regarding CAM clinical trials...
- Treatment with autologous antigen-presenting cells activated with the HER-2 based antigen Lapuleucel-T: results of a phase I study in immunologic and clinical activity in HER-2 overexpressing breast cancerJohn W Park
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94115 1710, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:3680-7. 2007..We conducted a phase I study to evaluate the safety and immunologic activity of lapuleucel-T in patients with HER-2-overexpressing metastatic breast cancer...
- Amelioration of sexual adverse effects in the early breast cancer patientMichelle E Melisko
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, 94115, USA
J Cancer Surviv 4:247-55. 2010....
- Pretreatment fertility counseling and fertility preservation improve quality of life in reproductive age women with cancerJoseph M Letourneau
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, California, USA
Cancer 118:1710-7. 2012..The post-treatment quality of life (QOL) impacts of receiving precancer-treatment infertility counseling and of pursuing fertility preservation have not been described in large-scale studies of reproductive age women with cancer...
- Brain metastases of breast cancerMichelle E Melisko
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 5:253-68. 2005..New approaches include chemotherapy combinations, biologic therapies and novel drug-delivery strategies...