Rita S Mehta
Affiliation: University of California
- Combination anastrozole and fulvestrant in metastatic breast cancerRita S Mehta
University of California Irvine Medical Center, Orange, CA 92868, USA
N Engl J Med 367:435-44. 2012..We hypothesized that these two agents in combination might be more effective than anastrozole alone in patients with hormone-receptor (HR)-positive metastatic breast cancer...
- Rational and successful use of carboplatin and albumin-bound paclitaxel in a patient with recurrent metaplastic carcinoma who presented with multi-organ tumor emboliRita S Mehta
Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 9:56-9. 2009..Subsequently, the patient received carboplatin and albumin-bound paclitaxel and experienced complete remission...
- Predicting pathologic response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer by using MR imaging and quantitative 1H MR spectroscopyHyeon Man Baek
Tu and Yuen Center for Functional Onco Imaging, University of California, Irvine Hall 164, Irvine, CA 92697 5020, USA
Radiology 251:653-62. 2009....
- Breast cancer: evaluation of response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy with 3.0-T MR imagingJeon Hor Chen
Tu and Yuen Center for Functional Onco Imaging and Department of Radiological Sciences, University of California, 164 Irvine Hall, Irvine, CA 92697 5020, USA
Radiology 261:735-43. 2011..0-T magnetic resonance (MR) imaging...
- The predictive value of sentinel lymph node biopsy in locally advanced breast cancer patients who have undergone neoadjuvant chemotherapyMaki Yamamoto
University of California Irvine Medical Center, Orange, California 92868, USA
Am Surg 73:977-80. 2007..Sentinel node biopsy is a viable option in patients who have undergone NAC. Her2/neu-positive patients who had undergone NAC with trastuzumab had comparable accuracy for sentinel node biopsy in predicting axillary node status...
- MRI evaluation of pathologically complete response and residual tumors in breast cancer after neoadjuvant chemotherapyJeon Hor Chen
Tu and Yuen Center for Functional Onco Imaging, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Cancer 112:17-26. 2008....
- Predicting nodal status using dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging in patients with locally advanced breast cancer undergoing neoadjuvant chemotherapy with and without sequential trastuzumabDavid J Hsiang
Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California Irvine Medical Center, 101 The City Drive South, Bldg 56, Route 81, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Arch Surg 142:855-61; discussion 860-1. 2007..Dynamic contrast-enhanced (DCE) magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a reliable and accurate method for monitoring primary tumor response in the breast and can be used as a surrogate to predict final axillary nodal status...
- Residual breast cancer diagnosed by MRI in patients receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy with and without bevacizumabShadfar Bahri
Tu and Yuen Center for Functional Onco Imaging, University of California, Irvine, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 16:1619-28. 2009..To investigate the impact of antiangiogenic therapy with bevacizumab on pathological response and the diagnostic performance of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in breast cancer patients...
- Diagnostic performance of magnetic resonance imaging for assessing tumor response in patients with HER2-negative breast cancer receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy is associated with molecular biomarker profileAida Kuzucan
John Tu and Thomas Yuen Center for Functional Onco Imaging of Department of Radiological Sciences, University of California, Irvine, California, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 12:110-8. 2012....
- Impact of MRI-evaluated neoadjuvant chemotherapy response on change of surgical recommendation in breast cancerJeon Hor Chen
Tu and Yuen Center for Functional Onco Imaging, University of California, Irvine, California 92697 5020, USA
Ann Surg 249:448-54. 2009..To investigate how MRI imaging of neoadjuvant chemotherapy (NAC) tumor response affects the recommendation for optimal breast cancer surgery, both before and after NAC...
- Comparison of breast density measured on MR images acquired using fat-suppressed versus nonfat-suppressed sequencesDaniel H E Chang
Department of Radiological Sciences, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Med Phys 38:5961-8. 2011..To investigate the difference of MR percent breast density measured from fat-suppressed versus nonfat-suppressed imaging sequences...
- MRI measurements of tumor size and pharmacokinetic parameters as early predictors of response in breast cancer patients undergoing neoadjuvant anthracycline chemotherapyHon J Yu
John Tu and Thomas Yuen Center for Functional Onco Imaging, University of California, Irvine, California 92697 5020, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 26:615-23. 2007....
- Diffuse optical spectroscopic imaging correlates with final pathological response in breast cancer neoadjuvant chemotherapyAlbert E Cerussi
Laser Microbeam and Medical Program, Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, University of California, Irvine, 1002 Health Sciences Road, East, Irvine, CA 92612, USA
Philos Transact A Math Phys Eng Sci 369:4512-30. 2011..This approach is well suited to monitoring breast tumour response and may provide feedback for optimizing therapeutic outcomes and minimizing side-effects...
- Risk of a second breast cancer associated with hormone-receptor and HER2/neu status of the first breast cancerLeona Bessonova
Department of Epidemiology, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 20:389-96. 2011..Hormone-receptor (HR) and HER2/neu-receptor (HER2) status of breast tumors are important indicators for targeted therapies. We examine the association of receptor status and risk for a second breast cancer...
- Spatial shrinkage/expansion patterns between breast density measured in two MRI scans evaluated by non-rigid registrationMuqing Lin
Tu and Yuen Center for Functional Onco Imaging, Department of Radiological Sciences, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Phys Med Biol 56:5865-75. 2011..The presented registration method can be further developed into a clinical tool for evaluating therapy-induced changes and for early diagnosis of breast cancer in screening MRI...
- Comparison of choline and pharmacokinetic parameters in breast cancer measured by MR spectroscopic imaging and dynamic contrast enhanced MRIMin Ying Su
John Tu and Thomas Yuen Center for Functional Onco Imaging, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 5020, USA
Technol Cancer Res Treat 5:401-10. 2006..Since Choline is associated with cell replication and angiogenesis is required to support tumor growth, this might explain the correlation between these two sets of measures among different lesions...
- Frequent optical imaging during breast cancer neoadjuvant chemotherapy reveals dynamic tumor physiology in an individual patientAlbert E Cerussi
Beckman Laser Institute, University of California, Irvine, 92612, USA
Acad Radiol 17:1031-9. 2010..Because optical methods provide functional imaging end points, our objective is to develop a low-barrier-to-access bedside approach that can be used for frequent, functional assessment of dynamic tumor physiology in individual patients...
- Pathological complete response in triple negative poorly differentiated invasive ductal breast carcinoma detected during pregnancyGarima Agrawal
Tu and Yuen Center for Functional Onco Imaging, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:2618-20. 2007
- Conservation of in vitro drug resistance patterns in epithelial ovarian carcinomaKrishnansu S Tewari
The Division of Gynecologic Oncology, The Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, Irvine Medical Center, 101 The City Drive, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Gynecol Oncol 98:360-8. 2005..To compare the in vitro drug resistance profiles of advanced stage primary and recurrent epithelial ovarian cancer specimens using the tritiated thymidine uptake assay...
- Need for a new treatment strategy: leptomeningeal carcinomatosis from gastric cancerKavitha P Raj
Department of Medicine, Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, Irvine, 92868, USA
Anticancer Drugs 20:301-4. 2009..Our patient not only had an excellent tumor response to this novel approach, but also had a prolonged overall survival of 13 months, which is unusual for LMC from gastric cancer...
- Measurement of volumetric and vascular changes with dynamic contrast enhanced MRI for cancer therapy monitoringMin Ying Su
John Tu and Thomas Yuen Center for Functional Onco Imaging, University of California, Irvine Hall 164, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Technol Cancer Res Treat 1:479-88. 2002..The vascular properties measured by macromolecular contrast medium may have the potential to serve as early therapeutic efficacy indicators...
- Prognostic impact of human epidermal growth factor-like receptor 2 and hormone receptor status in inflammatory breast cancer (IBC): analysis of 2,014 IBC patient cases from the California Cancer RegistryJason A Zell
Department of Epidemiology, Genetic Epidemiology Research Institute, School of Medicine, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Breast Cancer Res 11:R9. 2009....