G U Meduri
Affiliation: University of Tennessee
- Effect of prolonged methylprednisolone therapy in unresolving acute respiratory distress syndrome: a randomized controlled trialG U Meduri
Baptist Memorial Hospitals, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Tennessee, Memphis, USA
JAMA 280:159-65. 1998..No pharmacological therapeutic protocol has been found effective in modifying the clinical course of acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) and mortality remains greater than 50%...
- Pneumonia in acute respiratory distress syndrome. A prospective evaluation of bilateral bronchoscopic samplingG U Meduri
Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, University of Tennessee and Veterans Administration Medical Center, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 158:870-5. 1998..In patients with ARDS and suspected VAP, bilateral BAL quantitative bacterial cultures had significant growth on one side only in 19% and in both sides in 13%...
- Procollagen types I and III aminoterminal propeptide levels during acute respiratory distress syndrome and in response to methylprednisolone treatmentG U Meduri
Departments of Medicine and Preventive Medicine, and Memphis Lung Research Program, University of Tennessee, Baptist Memorial Hospitals, and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 158:1432-41. 1998..These findings provide additional evidence of an association between biological efficacy and physiologic response during prolonged methylprednisolone treatment of unresolving ARDS...
- Cytokines IL-1beta, IL-6, and TNF-alpha enhance in vitro growth of bacteriaG U Meduri
Memphis Lung Research Program, Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary, Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Tennessee, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 160:961-7. 1999..In this study we provide additional evidence for a newly described pathogenetic mechanism for bacterial proliferation in the presence of exaggerated and protracted inflammation...
- Effects of methylprednisolone on intracellular bacterial growthG U Meduri
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Memphis Lung Research Program, Department of Medicine, University of Tennessee, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 8:1156-63. 2001....
- Enhanced extracellular growth of Staphylococcus aureus in the presence of selected linear peptide fragments of human interleukin (IL)-1beta and IL-1 receptor antagonistS Kanangat
Memphis Lung Research Program, Department of Medicine, Divisions of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Tennessee, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
J Infect Dis 183:65-69. 2001..These results build on the newly evolved concept of direct interactions between the soluble mediators of inflammation and infectious agents...
- Time-variant increase in methylprednisolone clearance in patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome: a population pharmacokinetic studyC R Yates
University of Tennessee, Memphis, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 41:415-24. 2001..Means (+/- SD) of plasma protein binding differed between healthy individuals (72% +/- 4%) and ARDS patients (46% +/- 11%) (p < 0.001). The pharmacokinetics of MP in ARDS patients has not been described previously...
- Evidence of biological efficacy for prolonged glucocorticoid treatment in patients with unresolving ARDSG U Meduri
Memphis Lung Research Program, Dept of Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
Eur Respir J Suppl 42:57s-64s. 2003....