Karen R Meckstroth
Affiliation: University of California
- Prostaglandins for first-trimester terminationKaren R Meckstroth
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 17:745-63. 2003..Careful assessment before and after medical abortion is essential and can be accomplished in various ways, depending on the skills of the clinician...
- Misoprostol administered by epithelial routes: Drug absorption and uterine responseKaren R Meckstroth
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Obstet Gynecol 108:582-90. 2006..To quantify and compare serum levels and uterine effects following vaginal (dry), vaginal (moistened), buccal, and rectal misoprostol administration...
- Analgesia/pain management in first trimester surgical abortionKaren R Meckstroth
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 52:160-70. 2009..Oral benzodiazepines may improve satisfaction and anxiety. Deep sedation and general anesthesia are important options for women with significant medical conditions or complicated procedures...
- A prospective randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial comparing mifepristone and vaginal misoprostol to vaginal misoprostol alone for elective termination of early pregnancyJohn K Jain
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Women s and Children s Hospital, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Hum Reprod 17:1477-82. 2002..This randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial compared a regimen of mifepristone and misoprostol with misoprostol alone for termination of early pregnancy...
- Misoprostol in gynecologyAlisa B Goldberg
Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts, 1055 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Curr Womens Health Rep 3:475-83. 2003..Most studies have not demonstrated a benefit for using misoprostol as a cervical ripening agent in postmenopausal women...
- Misoprostol compared with laminaria before early second-trimester surgical abortion: a randomized trialAlisa B Goldberg
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Obstet Gynecol 106:234-41. 2005..To compare the efficacy and acceptability of same-day misoprostol and overnight laminaria for cervical ripening before early second-trimester surgical abortion...