Heather A McPhillips
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Potential medication dosing errors in outpatient pediatricsHeather A McPhillips
Department of Pediatrics and Epidemiology, University of Washington, and the Center for Health Studies, Group Health Cooperative, Seattle, Washington, 98105, USA
J Pediatr 147:761-7. 2005..To determine the prevalence of potential dosing errors of medication dispensed to children for 22 common medications...
- Toward creating family-friendly work environments in pediatrics: baseline data from pediatric department chairs and pediatric program directorsHeather A McPhillips
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, USA
Pediatrics 119:e596-602. 2007..The objective was to determine baseline characteristics of pediatric residency training programs and academic departments in regard to family-friendly work environments as outlined in the Report of the Task Force on Women in Pediatrics...
- Role of a pediatric department chair: factors leading to satisfaction and burnoutHeather A McPhillips
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA
J Pediatr 151:425-30. 2007..To determine factors associated with satisfaction and burnout in pediatric department chairs...
- Randomized trial of teaching brief motivational interviewing to pediatric trainees to promote healthy behaviors in familiesPaula Lozano
Center for Child Health Behavior and Development, Seattle Childrens Research Institute, 1100 Olive Way, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 164:561-6. 2010..That pediatric resident trainees would demonstrate increased counseling skill following training in brief motivational interviewing (MI)...
- Teaching professionalism to residentsEileen J Klein
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington School of Medicine UOWSM and Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center CHRMC, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
Acad Med 78:26-34. 2003..The authors also explain how the retreat is evaluated and how the retreat's topics are revisited during the residency, and discuss general issues of teaching and evaluating professionalism...