David Michael McMullan
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Pulmonary arteriovenous shunting in the normal fetal lungDavid Michael McMullan
University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98105 0371, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:1497-500. 2004..We hypothesized that pulmonary arteriovenous shunting (PAVS) is normally present in fetal lungs and that cavopulmonary anastomosis-induced PAVS may represent a return to an earlier morphologic stage of development...
- Comparison of wire-reinforced and non-wire-reinforced dual-lumen catheters for venovenous ECMO in neonates and infantsSujata Subramanian
Division of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, Washington 98105 0371, USA
ASAIO J 59:81-5. 2013..Further improvements in dual-lumen VV catheter design may reduce the risk of failure and injury and improve efficiency of extracorporeal gas exchange...
- Morphological studies of pulmonary arteriovenous shunting in a lamb model of superior cavopulmonary anastomosisDavid Michael McMullan
Department of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, WA, 98105, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 29:706-12. 2008..These may represent the vascular structures responsible for arteriovenous shunting following the classic Glenn cavopulmonary shunt. Detailed analysis of these structures may elucidate factors responsible for their development...
- Predictors of ECMO support in infants with tachycardia-induced cardiomyopathyJack Christian Salerno
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, WA 98105 0371, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 32:754-8. 2011..0.0, P = 0.009). No patient in the medically managed group had an LVED z-score >2.3. Infants presenting with SVT and TIC with LVED z-score >2 are at increased risk for requiring ECMO support and early use of ECMO should be considered...
- A method for selectively limiting lumen diameter in corrosion castingDavid Michael McMullan
Department of Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Microvasc Res 67:215-7. 2004..his technique may aid investigators in the evaluation of a variety of vascular beds and is useful in demonstrating non-capillary arteriovenous communications...
- Surgical strategy for the bicuspid aortic valve: tricuspidization with cusp extension versus pulmonary autograftDavid Michael McMullan
Cardiovascular Surgery, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 134:90-8. 2007..This study compares the midterm clinical outcome in patients undergoing valve repair by tricuspidization with cusp extension with those receiving a pulmonary autograft (Ross)...