Carmen P McLean
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Changes in negative cognitions mediate PTSD symptom reductions during client-centered therapy and prolonged exposure for adolescentsCarmen P McLean
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, USA Electronic address
Behav Res Ther 68:64-9. 2015..To assess whether changes in negative trauma-related cognitions play an important role in reducing symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and depression during prolonged exposure therapy for adolescents (PE-A)...
- Dissemination and implementation of prolonged exposure therapy for posttraumatic stress disorderCarmen P McLean
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, 3535 Market Street, 6th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19104, United States Electronic address
J Anxiety Disord 27:788-92. 2013..We also discuss novel dissemination strategies that are harnessing technology to overcome barriers to dissemination. ..
- Gender differences in anxiety disorders: prevalence, course of illness, comorbidity and burden of illnessCarmen P McLean
National Center for PTSD, VA Boston Healthcare System, USA
J Psychiatr Res 45:1027-35. 2011..These results suggest that anxiety disorders are not only more prevalent but also more disabling in women than in men...
- Prolonged exposure vs supportive counseling for sexual abuse-related PTSD in adolescent girls: a randomized clinical trialEdna B Foa
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
JAMA 310:2650-7. 2013..Evidence-based treatments for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) have not been established for adolescents despite high prevalence of PTSD in this population...
- Change in obsessive-compulsive symptoms mediates subsequent change in depressive symptoms during exposure and response preventionLaurie J Zandberg
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA Electronic address
Behav Res Ther 68:76-81. 2015..The current study examines the temporal relationship between changes in obsessive-compulsive symptoms and changes in depressive symptoms during exposure and response prevention (EX/RP) therapy for obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)...
- Treatment response, symptom remission, and wellness in obsessive-compulsive disorderSamantha G Farris
Department of Psyciatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 74:685-90. 2013..The ultimate goal of treatment for OCD is to reduce the symptoms as well as help patients achieve "wellness." Currently, however, there are no widely accepted, empirically supported criteria for determining wellness in OCD...
- Concurrent naltrexone and prolonged exposure therapy for patients with comorbid alcohol dependence and PTSD: a randomized clinical trialEdna B Foa
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
JAMA 310:488-95. 2013..Alcohol dependence comorbid with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) has been found to be resistant to treatment. In addition, there is a concern that prolonged exposure therapy for PTSD may exacerbate alcohol use...
- Posttraumatic stress disorder and alcohol dependence: does order of onset make a difference?Carmen P McLean
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, PA, USA
J Anxiety Disord 28:894-901. 2014..Notably, no group differences were observed in treatment outcome despite some differences in clinical presentation. ..
- Prolonged exposure therapy for post-traumatic stress disorder: a review of evidence and disseminationCarmen P McLean
Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety, University of Pennsylvania, 3535 Market Street, 6th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Expert Rev Neurother 11:1151-63. 2011..Strategies to increase the availability of treatment and boost the efficiency of exposure therapy are now being examined...