Vallerie V McLaughlin
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- End points and clinical trial design in pulmonary arterial hypertensionVallerie V McLaughlin
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0273, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 54:S97-107. 2009..Advantages and disadvantages of various trial designs, including placebo-controlled monotherapy or add-on trials, noninferiority studies, and withdrawal trials are also discussed...
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension: the most devastating vascular complication of systemic sclerosisV McLaughlin
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Rheumatology (Oxford) 48:iii25-31. 2009..Impaired production of nitric oxide may be addressed by inhibiting phosphodiesterase type-5 with sildenafil or possibly tadalafil. Combinations of multiple targeted therapies may be beneficial to this patient population...
- Survival with first-line bosentan in patients with primary pulmonary hypertensionV V McLaughlin
University of Michigan, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Women s Hospital, Room L3119, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Eur Respir J 25:244-9. 2005..First-line bosentan therapy was found to improve survival in patients with advanced primary pulmonary hypertension...
- Addition of inhaled treprostinil to oral therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertension: a randomized controlled clinical trialVallerie V McLaughlin
University of Michigan Health System, CVC Cardiovascular Medicine, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5853, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 55:1915-22. 2010..This study assessed the efficacy and safety of inhaled treprostinil in pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) patients receiving therapy with either bosentan or sildenafil...
- Randomized study of adding inhaled iloprost to existing bosentan in pulmonary arterial hypertensionVallerie V McLaughlin
The University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 174:1257-63. 2006..Small, open-label studies suggest that combinations of existing therapies may be effective for pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)...
- Transition from IV epoprostenol to subcutaneous treprostinil in pulmonary arterial hypertension: a controlled trialMelvyn Rubenfire
University of Michigan, 24 Frank Lloyd Wright Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48106 0363, USA
Chest 132:757-63. 2007..We determined the relative efficacy of subcutaneous (SC) treprostinil in stable World Health Organization class II and III patients transitioned from IV epoprostenol...
- Pulmonary arterial hypertensionVallerie V McLaughlin
University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0273, USA
Circulation 114:1417-31. 2006
- Pulmonary hypertensionVallerie V McLaughlin
Curr Probl Cardiol 29:575-634. 2004..Other forms of pulmonary hypertension, such as pulmonary venous hypertension, pulmonary hypertension related to diseases of the respiratory system, and thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension will be discussed...
- Survival in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension treated with first-line bosentanV V McLaughlin
Women s Hospital, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Eur J Clin Invest 36:10-5. 2006..The oral dual endothelin (ET(A)/ET(B)) antagonist bosentan has been shown to improve exercise capacity, time to clinical worsening, haemodynamics and quality of life in short-term studies...
- Does the outcome justify an oral-first treatment strategy for management of pulmonary arterial hypertension?William K Cornwell
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Chest 140:697-705. 2011..The objective of this study was to assess the appropriateness of PO-first treatment in patients with WHO FC III PAH...
- Prognosis of pulmonary arterial hypertension: ACCP evidence-based clinical practice guidelinesVallerie V McLaughlin
University of Michigan, 1500 East Medical Center Dr, Women s Hospital Room L3119, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0273, USA
Chest 126:78S-92S. 2004..Assessment of prognosis of such patients is important, as it influences both medical therapy and referral for transplantation. This chapter will provide evidence based recommendations to assess the prognosis of patients with PAH...
- Pulmonary diseases and the heartMeiLan K Han
University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Circulation 116:2992-3005. 2007....
- Classification and epidemiology of pulmonary hypertensionVallerie V McLaughlin
Pulmonary Hypertension Program, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Michigan, Woman s RM L3119, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0273, USA
Cardiol Clin 22:327-41, v. 2004..This article outlines the classification of primary pulmonary hypertension and discusses the various types of the disease...
- Delivery of intravenous treprostinil at low infusion rates using a miniaturized infusion pump in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertensionV F Tapson
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Vasc Access 7:112-7. 2006..Treprostinil's anti-platelet aggregation characteristics and stability at room temperature may allow for low infusion rates (0.1-0.2 mL/hr) using a miniaturized infusion pump...
- Survival in patients with class III idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension treated with first line oral bosentan compared with an historical cohort of patients started on intravenous epoprostenolO Sitbon
Centre des Maladies Vasculaires Pulmonaires, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Universite Paris Sud, 157 rue de la Porte de Trivaux, 92141 Clamart, France
Thorax 60:1025-30. 2005....
- Stenting to reverse left ventricular ischemia due to left main coronary artery compression in primary pulmonary hypertensionS Rich
Section of Cardiology, Rush Medical College, Chicago, IL 60612-3824, USA
Chest 120:1412-5. 2001..Stenting of the coronary artery can be done safely with the resolution of these symptoms...
- Severe pulmonary hypertension: critical care clinicsV V McLaughlin
Center for Pulmonary Heart Disease, Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Crit Care Clin 17:453-67. 2001..A meticulous evaluation is critical. Substantial advances in medical therapy have occurred over the past decade, and the future treatment of this syndrome is promising, with many new medications on the horizon...