Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Role of arterial hypoxemia and pulmonary mechanics in exercise limitation in adults with cystic fibrosisEdward F McKone
Dept of Respiratory Medicine, St Vincent s Univ Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin 4, Republic of Ireland
J Appl Physiol 99:1012-8. 2005..control. The increase in maximal O2 consumption and peak ventilation with added dead space and 38% O2 suggests that maximal exercise in cystic fibrosis is limited by arterial hypoxemia...
- Adrenal insufficiency and testicular failure secondary to megestrol acetate therapy in a patient with cystic fibrosisEdward F McKone
Adult Cystic Fibrosis Center, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 34:381-3. 2002..This is followed by a review of the literature on the use of megestrol acetate in the treatment of weight loss in CF, AIDS, and cancer, with particular emphasis on the adverse effects that should be looked for in CF patients...
- Effect of genotype on phenotype and mortality in cystic fibrosis: a retrospective cohort studyEdward F McKone
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and Adult Cystic Fibrosis Center, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Lancet 361:1671-6. 2003..Over 1000 mutations of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator gene (CFTR) that cause cystic fibrosis have been identified. We examined the effect of CFTR genotype on mortality and disease phenotype...
- CFTR genotype as a predictor of prognosis in cystic fibrosisEdward F McKone
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and Adult Cystic Fibrosis Center, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98195 6522, USA
Chest 130:1441-7. 2006..STUDY RATIONALE: Certain CFTR genotypes are associated with reduced mortality. The accuracy of using CFTR genotype as a predictor of survival and the mechanisms through which CFTR genotype influences survival are unknown...
- Variants in the glutamate-cysteine-ligase gene are associated with cystic fibrosis lung diseaseEdward F McKone
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, University of Washington Mail Box 354695, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 174:415-9. 2006..Chronic progressive lung disease is the most serious complication of cystic fibrosis (CF). Glutathione plays an important role in the protection of the CF lung against oxidant-induced lung injury...
- Comparison of scholarly productivity of general and subspecialty clinician-educators in internal medicineRobert R Kempainen
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, USA
Teach Learn Med 16:323-8. 2004..There is concern that these criteria may be disadvantageous to clinician-educators in generalist fields relative to their specialist counterparts...
- Aggressive prenatal care results in successful fetal outcomes in CF womenEdith Y Cheng
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Cyst Fibros 5:85-91. 2006..The impact of pre-pregnancy pulmonary and nutritional status in pregnancy outcomes of women with cystic fibrosis (CF) is not clearly defined...
- Use of the gas exchange threshold to noninvasively determine the lactate threshold in patients with cystic fibrosisAlasdair G Thin
Department of Physiology, Conway Institute of Biomedical and Biomolecular Research, University College, Dublin, Ireland
Chest 121:1761-70. 2002..This study was undertaken to validate the use of GET in patients with cystic fibrosis (CF) with a wide range of disease severity, and to assess the reproducibility of this index...
- Genetic epidemiology of glutathione and CF lung diseaseEDWARD MCKONE; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..