Christine L McKibbin
Affiliation: University of California
- Direct assessment of functional abilities: relevance to persons with schizophreniaChristine L McKibbin
University of California San Diego, VA San Diego Healthcare System, CA 92161, USA
Schizophr Res 72:53-67. 2004..To review functional outcome assessment strategies specifically focusing on performance-based measures used in patients with schizophrenia...
- A lifestyle intervention for older schizophrenia patients with diabetes mellitus: a randomized controlled trialChristine L McKibbin
University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Schizophr Res 86:36-44. 2006..We tested the feasibility and preliminary efficacy of a lifestyle intervention for middle-aged and older patients with schizophrenia and type-2 diabetes mellitus, using a randomized pre-test, post-test control group design...
- Subjective and objective quality of life in schizophreniaJenille M Narvaez
University of California, San Diego, Department of Psychiatry, 9500 Gilman Drive 0851, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Schizophr Res 98:201-8. 2008....
- Sleep in spousal caregivers of people with Alzheimer's diseaseChristine L McKibbin
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego, CA, USA
Sleep 28:1245-50. 2005..Future work is needed to examine the differences in care practices in caregivers by age and dementia severity. Perhaps more importantly, studies examining the health consequences of shortened sleep in this group are needed...
- Reducing emergency medical service use in patients with chronic psychotic disorders: results from the FAST intervention studyBrent T Mausbach
Department of Psychiatry 0680, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0680, USA
Behav Res Ther 46:145-53. 2008..However, the long-term efficacy of the FAST intervention appears less clear. Future studies may want to provide more powerful maintenance sessions to encourage continued use of skills in patients' real-world settings...
- Development and pilot testing of a new psychosocial intervention for older Latinos with chronic psychosisThomas L Patterson
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego, USA
Schizophr Bull 31:922-30. 2005....
- Medication management ability assessment: results from a performance-based measure in older outpatients with schizophreniaThomas L Patterson
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, CA 92093 0680, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 22:11-9. 2002..The measure was related to severity of cognitive impairment, suggesting that adherence may improve with psychotropic and psychosocial interventions that target these deficits...
- In-home respite intervention reduces plasma epinephrine in stressed Alzheimer caregiversIgor Grant
Department of Psychiatry (0680, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093-0680, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 11:62-72. 2003..To the extent that sympathetic activation mediates pathophysiological events, these results suggest an approach that may reduce morbidity and mortality in certain caregivers...
- Ethnicity, stress, and cortisol function in Hispanic and non-Hispanic white women: A preliminary study of family dementia caregivers and noncaregiversDolores Gallagher-Thompson
Department of Psychiatry, Stanford University School of Medicine, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 14:334-42. 2006..Dependent variables were perceived stress, depression, and salivary cortisol...
- DISABILITY INTERVENTIONS IN OLDER SCHIZOHRENIA PATIENTSChristine McKibbin; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..