Deborah B McGuire
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- The 20 item oral mucositis index: reliability and validity in bone marrow and stem cell transplant patientsDeborah B McGuire
School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, 420 Guardian Drive, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Cancer Invest 20:893-903. 2002..Provided that clinical examiners have appropriate training and experience, the OMI-20 can be used as a reliable, valid, and quantifiable measure of mucositis in clinical research...
- Barriers and strategies in implementation of oral care standards for cancer patientsDeborah B McGuire
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, 420 Guardian Drive, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Support Care Cancer 11:435-41. 2003..Key principles underlying this successful institutional effort were recognition of the medical necessity of oral care, collaboration among health-care disciplines, and use of evidence-based practice wherever possible...
- The experience of a sore mouth and associated symptoms in patients with cancer receiving outpatient chemotherapyCarlton G Brown
School of Nursing, University of Delaware, McDowell Hall Rm 361, Newark, DE 19716, USA
Cancer Nurs 32:259-70. 2009..In addition, the association of multiple symptoms with SM will provide a foundation for further research investigation in oral mucositis...
- The role of basic oral care and good clinical practice principles in the management of oral mucositisDeborah B McGuire
School of Nursing, University of Maryland, Baltimore, 655 West Lombard Street, Baltimore, 21201, USA
Support Care Cancer 14:541-7. 2006....
- Promulgation of guidelines for mucositis management: educating health care professionals and patientsDeborah B McGuire
School of Nursing, University of Maryland, 655 W Lombard Street, Baltimore, 21201, USA
Support Care Cancer 14:548-57. 2006....
- Patterns of sore mouth in outpatients with cancer receiving chemotherapyCarlton G Brown
School of Nursing, College of Health Sciences, University of Delaware, McDowell Hall, Newark, DE 19716, USA
Support Care Cancer 17:413-28. 2009....
- Evidence-based guidelines for managing mucositisDeborah B McGuire
School of Nursing, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Semin Oncol Nurs 20:59-66. 2004..To discuss implementation of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines for mucositis...
- The cancer pain experience of Israeli adults 65 years and older: the influence of pain interference, symptom severity, and knowledge and attitudes on pain and pain controlMarlene Z Cohen
The University of Texas Health Science Center, School of Nursing, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Support Care Cancer 13:708-14. 2005..The purpose of this study was to explore the cancer pain experience, including pain intensity, pain management index, pain interference, symptom severity, and knowledge and attitudes toward pain and pain control...
- Symptom clusters: concept analysis and clinical implications for cancer nursingHee Ju Kim
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, USA
Cancer Nurs 28:270-82; quiz 283-4. 2005....
- Mucosal tissue injury in cancer therapy. More than muscositis and mouthwashDeborah B McGuire
Deborah B McGuire, PhD, RN, FAAN, Associate Professor, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Cancer Pract 10:179-91. 2002....
- Defining clinically meaningful outcomes in the evaluation of new treatments for oral mucositis: oral mucositis patient provider advisory boardLisa A Bellm
IntraBiotics Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 1245 Terra Bella Avenue, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
Cancer Invest 20:793-800. 2002..Minimally, clinical trials for OM should assess oral pain, opioid use, oral intake, and include objective assessment of OM...
- Updated clinical practice guidelines for the prevention and treatment of mucositisDorothy M Keefe
Department of Medical Oncology, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
Cancer 109:820-31. 2007..These efforts are likely to have significant clinical and economic impact on the treatment of cancer patients. Cancer 2007;109:820-31. (c) 2007 American Cancer Society...
- Visual graphical analysis: a technique to investigate symptom trajectories over timeCarlton G Brown
Nurs Res 56:195-201. 2007..Visual graphical analysis (VGA) is a technique that can provide researchers with an alternative method of quantitative statistical analysis that is more sensitive to individual change and variation...