Timothy A McGuine
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Protective equipment and player characteristics associated with the incidence of sport-related concussion in high school football players: a multifactorial prospective studyTimothy A McGuine
Department of Orthopedics, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Am J Sports Med 42:2470-8. 2014..The incidence of sport-related concussion (SRC) in high school football is well documented. However, limited prospective data are available regarding how player characteristics and protective equipment affect the incidence of SRC...
- Changes in self-reported knee function and health-related quality of life after knee injury in female athletesTimothy A McGuine
Department of Orthopedics, Sports Medicine Program, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53711, USA
Clin J Sport Med 22:334-40. 2012..To document the changes in self-reported health-related quality of life and knee function in a cohort of young female athletes who have sustained a knee injury...
- The effect of lace-up ankle braces on injury rates in high school basketball playersTimothy A McGuine
UW Health Sports Medicine Center, Madison, WI 53711, USA
Am J Sports Med 39:1840-8. 2011..Ankle injuries are the most common injury in basketball players. However, no prospective studies have been performed to determine if wearing lace-up ankle braces will reduce the incidence of ankle injuries in high school athletes...
- The effect of lace-up ankle braces on injury rates in high school football playersTimothy A McGuine
University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53711, USA
Am J Sports Med 40:49-57. 2012....
- Menstrual irregularity and musculoskeletal injury in female high school athletesJill M Thein-Nissenbaum
Graduate Program in Orthopaedic and Sports Science, Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions, Provo, UT, USA
J Athl Train 47:74-82. 2012..Although associations between triad components and musculoskeletal injury (INJ) have been reported in collegiate athletes, limited information exists about menstrual irregularity (MI) and INJ in the high school population...
- Associations between disordered eating, menstrual dysfunction, and musculoskeletal injury among high school athletesJill M Thein-Nissenbaum
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 41:60-9. 2011..Retrospective cohort study...
- Arthroscopic partial meniscectomy: MR imaging for prediction of outcome in middle-aged and elderly patientsRichard Kijowski
Department of Radiology, Orthopedic Surgery, and Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin Hospital, Clinical Science Center E3 311, 600 Highland Ave, Madison, WI 53792 3252, USA
Radiology 259:203-12. 2011..To determine whether preoperative magnetic resonance (MR) imaging could help identify factors associated with poor clinical outcome after arthroscopic partial meniscectomy (APM) in middle-aged and elderly patients with meniscal tears...
- The effect of a balance training program on the risk of ankle sprains in high school athletesTimothy A McGuine
University of Wisconsin, Hospital and Clinics, Sports Medicine Center, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Am J Sports Med 34:1103-11. 2006..Ankle sprains are the most common musculoskeletal injuries that occur in athletes, and they have a profound impact on health care costs and resources...