Christine J McGrath
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Increased incidence of symptomatic peripheral neuropathy among adults receiving stavudine- versus zidovudine-based antiretroviral regimens in KenyaChristine J McGrath
Department of Global Health, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104 2499, USA
J Neurovirol 18:200-4. 2012..D4T was associated with 2.7 greater risk of PN than ZDV (adjusted hazard ratio, 2.7, P=0.009). In settings with continued d4T use, such as Africa, the effects of d4T on PN compared to ZDV should be considered when choosing ART regimens...
- The prevalence of stunting is high in HIV-1-exposed uninfected infants in KenyaChristine J McGrath
Departments of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Nutr 142:757-63. 2012..Because BF is the best option for HIV-1-infected mothers in resource-limited settings, nutritional interventions should be examined for their impact on growth in EU breast-fed infants...
- Younger age at HAART initiation is associated with more rapid growth reconstitutionChristine J McGrath
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
AIDS 25:345-55. 2011..The objective of this study was to determine rates and predictors of growth reconstitution among children on HAART...
- Implementation of free cotrimoxazole prophylaxis improves clinic retention among antiretroviral therapy-ineligible clients in KenyaPamela K Kohler
Department of Global Health, University of Washington, Seattle, 98104, USA
AIDS 25:1657-61. 2011..To determine whether implementation of free cotrimoxazole (CTX) provision was associated with improved retention among clients ineligible for antiretroviral therapy (ART) enrolled in an HIV treatment program in Kenya...
- Knowing a sexual partner is HIV-1-uninfected is associated with higher condom use among HIV-1-infected adults in KenyaSarah Benki-Nugent
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Sex Transm Dis 38:808-10. 2011..Increased condom use was associated with knowing that a partner was HIV-negative (adjusted odds ratio = 5.99; P < 0.001) versus not knowing partner's status. Partner testing may increase condom use in discordant couples...