Affiliation: University of California
- Performance of the REVEAL model in WHO Group 2 to 5 pulmonary hypertension: application beyond pulmonary arterial hypertensionRebecca Cogswell
Division of Cardiology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94117, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 32:293-8. 2013..The REVEAL score was designed to predict 1-year survival in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) only. It is unknown whether this model is applicable to a more general population of PH patients...
- Anesthesia and pulmonary hypertensionDana McGlothlin
Division of Cardiology, University of California San Francisco, CA, USA
Prog Cardiovasc Dis 55:199-217. 2012..This article will cover each of these aspects with particular focus on the anesthetic approach for non-cardiothoracic surgeries...
- Classification of pulmonary hypertensionDana McGlothlin
Division of Cardiology, UCSF Medical Center, University of California San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0124, USA
Heart Fail Clin 8:301-17. 2012..As our understanding of the different pathologic mechanisms that underlie the syndrome of PH evolves, so too will the classification and treatment of PH...
- Transplantation in adults with congenital heart diseaseDana McGlothlin
Division of Cardiology, Heart Failure, Heart Transplantation, and Pulmonary Hypertension Programs, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Prog Cardiovasc Dis 53:312-23. 2011..However, those who survive of the first posttransplant year enjoy an excellent long-term prognosis...
- Increased CD62e(+) endothelial microparticle levels predict poor outcome in pulmonary hypertension patientsNicolas Amabile
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 28:1081-6. 2009..We hypothesized that the levels of circulating EMPs and LMPs could predict outcome in these patients...
- Validation of the Registry to Evaluate Early and Long-Term Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Disease Management (REVEAL) pulmonary hypertension prediction model in a unique population and utility in the prediction of long-term survivalRebecca Cogswell
Division of Cardiology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 31:1165-70. 2012..Multivariate prediction models need to be evaluated in cohorts distinct from the derivation set to determine external validity. In addition, limited data exist on the utility of this model in the prediction of long-term survival...
- Effect of pulmonary hypertension on clinical outcomes in advanced heart failure: analysis of the Evaluation Study of Congestive Heart Failure and Pulmonary Artery Catheterization Effectiveness (ESCAPE) databaseKiran K Khush
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Am Heart J 157:1026-34. 2009....
- Circulating endothelial microparticle levels predict hemodynamic severity of pulmonary hypertensionNicolas Amabile
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0103, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 177:1268-75. 2008..Endothelial MPs are a biological marker of dysfunctional endothelium. Vascular remodeling and endothelial dysfunction are involved in pulmonary hypertension (PH)...
- Analytic reviews: cardiogenic shock with preserved systolic function: a reminderKanu Chatterjee
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Intensive Care Med 23:355-66. 2008..In this review, the important causes, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and therapies of patients with "cardiogenic shock with preserved ejection fraction'' are discussed...
- The clinical pharmacology of intranasal l-methamphetamineJohn E Mendelson
Addiction Pharmacology Research Laboratory, The California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute, St Luke s Hospital, 7th Floor, 3555 Cesar Chavez Street, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
BMC Clin Pharmacol 8:4. 2008..We studied the pharmacology of l-methamphetamine, the less abused isomer, when used as a nasal decongestant...