Christopher J McGann
Affiliation: University of Utah
- In vivo detection of encapsulated intracardiac paraganglioma by delayed gadolinium enhancement magnetic resonance imagingChristopher McGann
Division of Cardiology, Health Sciences Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 7:371-5. 2005..This finding improved presurgical risk assessment and helped guide management. Tumor necrosis was also easily identified. DE appears useful in the assessment of intracardiac tumor invasion...
- Dark regions of no-reflow on late gadolinium enhancement magnetic resonance imaging result in scar formation after atrial fibrillation ablationChristopher McGann
Comprehensive Arrhythmia Research and Management Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 58:177-85. 2011..The aim of this study was to assess acute ablation injuries seen on late gadolinium enhancement (LGE) magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) immediately post-ablation (IPA) and the association with permanent scar 3 months post-ablation (3moPA)...
- Evaluation of the left atrial substrate in patients with lone atrial fibrillation using delayed-enhanced MRI: implications for disease progression and response to catheter ablationChristian Mahnkopf
Comprehensive Arrhythmia and Research Management CARMA Center, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Heart Rhythm 7:1475-81. 2010..Lone atrial fibrillation (AF) is thought to be a benign type or an early stage of the disease...
- Detection and quantification of left atrial structural remodeling with delayed-enhancement magnetic resonance imaging in patients with atrial fibrillationRobert S Oakes
Atrial Fibrillation Program, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132 2400, USA
Circulation 119:1758-67. 2009..In this study, we report the utility of delayed-enhancement magnetic resonance imaging (DE-MRI) in detecting abnormal atrial tissue before radiofrequency ablation and in predicting procedural outcome...
- Association of left atrial fibrosis detected by delayed-enhancement magnetic resonance imaging and the risk of stroke in patients with atrial fibrillationMarcos Daccarett
Comprehensive Arrhythmia and Research Management Center, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132 2400, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 57:831-8. 2011....
- Real-time magnetic resonance imaging-guided radiofrequency atrial ablation and visualization of lesion formation at 3 TeslaGaston R Vergara
Comprehensive Arrhythmia Research and Management Center, School of Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Heart Rhythm 8:295-303. 2011..In this study, we report a novel 3-Tesla RT -RI based porcine RF ablation model and visualization of lesion formation in the atrium during RF energy delivery...
- Estimating myocardial perfusion from dynamic contrast-enhanced CMR with a model-independent deconvolution methodNathan A Pack
Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Utah, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 10:52. 2008..We investigated these questions with a model-independent analysis method that uses iterative minimization and a temporal smoothness regularizer. Perfusion estimates using this method were compared to results from dynamic 13N-ammonia PET...
- New magnetic resonance imaging-based method for defining the extent of left atrial wall injury after the ablation of atrial fibrillationChristopher J McGann
Radiology Department, University of Utah School of Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 52:1263-71. 2008..Using a 3-dimensional (3D) delayed-enhancement magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) sequence and novel processing methods, LA wall scarring is visualized at high resolution after radiofrequency ablation (RFA)...
- Noninvasive diagnosis of chemotherapy related cardiotoxicityHamilton S Gillespie
Cardiovascular Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Curr Cardiol Rev 7:234-44. 2011..We also review established protocols for cardiac safety monitoring in the treatment of malignancy...
- Quantitative myocardial distribution volume from dynamic contrast-enhanced MRINathan A Pack
Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah, SLC, UT, USA
Magn Reson Imaging 26:532-42. 2008..By measuring the kinetics of blood and tissue enhancement in the myocardium during an extended dynamic contrast enhanced MRI study, v(e) may be estimated using compartment modeling...