Barbara L McFarlin
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Ultrasonic attenuation estimation of the pregnant cervix: a preliminary reportB L McFarlin
Women, Children and Family Health Science, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 36:218-25. 2010..The purpose of this research was to develop a method to estimate ultrasonic cervical attenuation during human pregnancy using a clinical ultrasound system...
- Maternal and fetal stress responses during birth: adaptive or maladaptive?Aleeca Bell
University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Nursing, 845 South Damen Avenue, M C 802, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Midwifery Womens Health 51:319-20. 2006
- Development of an ultrasonic method to detect cervical remodeling in vivo in full-term pregnant womenBarbara L McFarlin
Department of Women Children and Family Health Science, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA Electronic address
Ultrasound Med Biol 41:2533-9. 2015..1 ± 0.9 cm before the cervical ripening was administered to 2.0 ± 1.1 cm 12 h later (p < 0.0001). Cervical attenuation and cervical length detected changes in cervical remodeling 12 h after cervical ripening administration. ..
- Beyond Cervical Length: A Pilot Study of Ultrasonic Attenuation for Early Detection of Preterm Birth RiskBarbara L McFarlin
Department of Women Children and Family Health Science, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA Electronic address
Ultrasound Med Biol 41:3023-9. 2015..68 cm) (p = 0.004); cervical attenuation was not significantly different at this time point. These findings suggest that low attenuation may be an additional early cervical marker to identify women at risk for SPTB...
- Quantitative ultrasound assessment of the rat cervixBarbara L McFarlin
Department of Maternal Child Nursing, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Ultrasound Med 25:1031-40. 2006..The purpose of this research was to detect cervical ripening with a new quantitative ultrasound technique...
- Ultrasound assessment of the endometrium for irregular vaginal bleedingBarbara L McFarlin
Department of Maternal Child Nursing, University of Illinois at Chicago, 845 South Damen Avenue, Room 858, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Midwifery Womens Health 51:440-9. 2006..The purpose of this article is to give the clinician critical information regarding the capabilities of ultrasound to evaluate women with irregular vaginal bleeding...
- Elective cesarean birth: issues and ethics of an informed decisionBarbara L McFarlin
University of Illinois, USA
J Midwifery Womens Health 49:421-9. 2004..It is essential that we evaluate how risks, benefits, and liability issues impact the recommendations for the mode of birth. The ethics of making an informed choice as well as ethical professional responsibilities are explored...
- In vivo ultrasonic attenuation slope estimates for detecting cervical ripening in rats: Preliminary resultsTimothy A Bigelow
Department of Electrical Engineering, University of North Dakota, Box 7165, Grand Forks, North Dakota 58202, USA
J Acoust Soc Am 123:1794-800. 2008..The large variances in the in vivo results were most likely due to the natural variation in attenuation for biological tissue between animals...