E J McFarland
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Clonal CD8+ T cell expansions in peripheral blood from human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected childrenElizabeth J McFarland
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
J Infect Dis 186:477-85. 2002..Children with expansions were not more likely to have increased numbers of CD8(+) T cells, a finding consistent with the possibility that the CD8(+) TCR repertoire has limited diversity...
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) gp120-specific antibodies in neonates receiving an HIV-1 recombinant gp120 vaccineE J McFarland
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Health Science Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Infect Dis 184:1331-5. 2001..These results provide support for further studies of vaccine strategies to prevent mother-to-infant HIV-1 transmission...
- HIV-1 vaccine induced immune responses in newborns of HIV-1 infected mothersElizabeth J McFarland
Department of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver Colorado, USA
AIDS 20:1481-9. 2006..This study evaluated the safety and immunogenicity of ALVAC HIV-1 vaccine with and without a subunit envelope boost in infants born to HIV-1-infected women...
- Safety of 2 recombinant human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) envelope vaccines in neonates born to HIV-1-infected womenC K Cunningham
Department of Pediatrics, State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Clin Infect Dis 32:801-7. 2001..Thus, both vaccines were safe and well tolerated in neonates, and there was no evidence of accelerated immunologic decline in HIV-infected infants...
- Metabolic abnormalities and viral replication are associated with biomarkers of vascular dysfunction in HIV-infected childrenT I Miller
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Clinical Research, Miller School of Medicine at the University of Miami, Miami, FL, USA
HIV Med 13:264-75. 2012....
- Safety and immunogenicity of an HIV-1 recombinant canarypox vaccine in newborns and infants of HIV-1-infected womenDaniel C Johnson
Sinai Children s Hospital and Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, IL 60608, USA
J Infect Dis 192:2129-33. 2005..33) TCID(50) vaccine formulation). Rare mucosal immunoglobulin A responses and no measurable vaccine-elicited serum antibodies were detected. In children, vCP205 appeared to be safe and immunogenic...
- Phase I/II trial of intravenous recombinant interleukin-2 in HIV-infected childrenStuart E Starr
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, USA
AIDS 17:2181-9. 2003..Controlled trials of rIL-2 in this patient population are warranted...
- Lymphocyte subsets in healthy children from birth through 18 years of age: the Pediatric AIDS Clinical Trials Group P1009 studyWilliam T Shearer
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Tex, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 112:973-80. 2003..This study's findings will also prove invaluable in interpreting the immune changes in children with many other chronic diseases, such as primary immunodeficiency, malignancy, rheumatoid arthritis, and asthma...
- Outbreak of neurologic enterovirus type 71 disease: a diagnostic challengeCarlos M Pérez-Vélez
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Infectious Diseases, University of Colorado School of Medicine, and The Children s Hospital, Denver, Colorado 80218, USA
Clin Infect Dis 45:950-7. 2007..Large epidemics of EV71 infection have been reported worldwide...