Bradley D McDowell
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Stability of neuropsychological performance in anorexia nervosaAnia E Mikos
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 20:9-13. 2008..We investigated the stability of neuropsychological performance and eating disorder (EDO) symptoms before, immediately after, and 2 years after inpatient treatment. We also examined relationships between neuropsychological and EDO measures...
- Cognitive impairment in anorexia nervosa is not due to depressed moodBradley D McDowell
Department of Psychiatry, 1 287 Medical Education Building, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242 1000, USA
Int J Eat Disord 33:351-5. 2003..It is unclear whether these deficits are linked to co-morbid depression in this population. We examined the relationship between depressive symptoms and cognitive functioning...
- Concordance between the CVLT and the WMS-III word lists testBradley D McDowell
Department of Psychiatry, Psychiatry Research, 1 287 Medical Education Bldg, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242 1000, USA
Arch Clin Neuropsychol 19:319-24. 2004..When diagnostic outcomes were discordant for free recall measures, the CVLT indicated impairment more often than did the WLT...
- Demographic differences in incidence for pituitary adenomaBradley D McDowell
Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, 52242, USA
Pituitary 14:23-30. 2011..There are several potential explanations for this finding with some evidence that at least part of the effect may be due to differential diagnosis between races...
- Neuropsychological characteristics of patients in a hospital-based eating disorder programJohn D Bayless
Department of Psychiatry, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 42242, USA edu
Ann Clin Psychiatry 14:203-7. 2002..Depression level and body mass were not associated with cognitive impairment. Whether effective restoration of weight and resolution of core psychopathology contribute to reversal of cognitive deficits requires further research...
- Neuropsychological functioning pretreatment and posttreatment in an inpatient eating disorders programDavid J Moser
Department of Psychiatry, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52240, USA
Int J Eat Disord 33:64-70. 2003..This study was conducted to determine whether neuropsychological dysfunction associated with anorexia nervosa resolves with inpatient treatment...
- Stability of cognitive performance in anorexia nervosaBradley McDowell; Fiscal Year: 2002..Such information also informs our basic understanding of how the brain recovers from the effects of starvation. ..