R B McDonald
Affiliation: University of California
- Alterations in endogenous circadian rhythm of core temperature in senescent Fischer 344 ratsR B McDonald
Department of Nutrition, Physiology, and Behavior, University of California, Davis, California 95616 8669, USA
Am J Physiol 276:R824-30. 1999..These data demonstrate that some characteristics of the CRT are altered slowly with chronological aging, whereas others occur rapidly with the onset of senescence...
- Brown adipose tissue thermogenesis during aging and senescenceR B McDonald
Department of Nutrition Division of Biological Sciences, University of California, Davis 95616 8669, USA
J Bioenerg Biomembr 31:507-16. 1999..It is the intent of this review to discuss the findings of these investigations...
- Characterization of survival and phenotype throughout the life span in UCP2/UCP3 genetically altered miceRoger B McDonald
Department of Nutrition, One Shields Avenue, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Exp Gerontol 43:1061-8. 2008..The lack of difference in maximal life spans among the Positive-TG, Negative-TG, and UCP3KO suggests that UCP3 does not significantly affect longevity in mice...
- Changes in food intake and its relationship to weight loss during advanced ageRoger B McDonald
Department of Nutrition, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Interdiscip Top Gerontol 37:51-63. 2010..This brief review provides an update on putative mechanisms underlying the dysregulation of feeding during advanced age that result in body weight loss...
- Neurochemical alterations during age-related anorexiaC A Blanton
Department of Nutrition, Section of Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 221:153-65. 1999..Evidence presented here is evaluated and possible etiologic factors are suggested...
- Reduced feeding response to neuropeptide Y in senescent Fischer 344 ratsC A Blanton
Department of Nutrition, Section of Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior, University of California, 1 Shields Ave, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 280:R1052-60. 2001..33 +/- 0.33 g/kg body wt (0.67)) than before they began losing weight. Thus altered feeding responses to NPY occur in aging rats concomitantly with spontaneous decrements in food intake and body weight near the end of life...