Catherine C McDonald
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Comparison of teen and adult driver crash scenarios in a nationally representative sample of serious crashesCatherine C McDonald
University of Pennsylvania, School of Nursing, Center for Global Women s Health, Center for Health Equity Research, Claire Fagin Hall, 418 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4217, USA Center for Injury Research and Prevention, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3535 Market Street, Suite 1150, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA Electronic address
Accid Anal Prev 72:302-8. 2014..g., traveling too fast for conditions). Our findings indicate that among those who make a driver critical error in a serious crash, there are few differences in the scenarios or critical driver errors for teen and adult drivers. ..
- The relationship between community violence exposure and mental health symptoms in urban adolescentsC C McDonald
Center for Health Disparities, University of Pennsylvania, School of Nursing, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 15:833-49. 2008..Knowledge about identification of urban adolescents exposed to chronic community violence and who experience mental health symptoms is critical to mental health nursing practice and research...
- The role of family phenomena in posttraumatic stress in youthCatherine C McDonald
Center for Health Equity Research, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychiatr Nurs 24:38-50. 2011..Youth face trauma that can cause posttraumatic stress (PTS)...
- Community violence exposure and positive youth development in urban youthCatherine C McDonald
University of Pennsylvania, School of Nursing, Center for Health Equity Research, 2l, 418 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4217, USA
J Community Health 36:925-32. 2011..Points of intervention should focus on families, with attention to parental figures in the home and overall family functioning...
- Learning health equity frameworks within a community of scholarsKamila A Alexander
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Nurs Educ 50:569-74. 2011..The lessons learned by all participants have the potential to enrich doctoral and postdoctoral scientific training in nursing science and may serve as a model for other research training programs in the health sciences...
- Community Violence Exposure and Positive Youth Development in Urban AdolescentsCATHERINE CLAIRE MCDONALD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results of this study not only can contribute to public health, but also address NINR's mission and strategic goals by elucidating mechanisms underlying health disparities in urban adolescents. ..