Robert A McCrea
Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Signal processing of semicircular canal and otolith signals in the vestibular nuclei during passive and active head movementsRobert A McCrea
Department of Neurobiology, Pharmacology, and Physiology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1004:169-82. 2003..Several specific examples of how sensory information related to passive and active head movements is transformed in the vestibular nuclei are discussed...
- Nucleus prepositusRobert A McCrea
Department of Neurobiology, Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Chicago, 947 E 58th St, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Prog Brain Res 151:205-30. 2006..The efferent connections of the nucleus and the results of lesion experiments suggest that it plays a role in a variety of functions related to the control of gaze...
- Coding of self-motion signals in ventro-posterior thalamus neurons in the alert squirrel monkeyVladimir Marlinski
Department of Neurobiology, Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Chicago, 947 E 58th Street, MC0926, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Exp Brain Res 189:463-72. 2008..In the principal division the motion signal is conveyed continuously, irrespective of the behavioral context of motion. In the other auxiliary division the signal only codes movement caused by externally applied force...
- Self-motion signals in vestibular nuclei neurons projecting to the thalamus in the alert squirrel monkeyVladimir Marlinski
Department of Neurobiology, Barrow Neurological Institute, 350 West Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ 85013, USA
J Neurophysiol 101:1730-41. 2009..A second class of neurons generated signals related to movement of the trunk. They responded when the trunk moved alone or simultaneously with the head, but did not respond to head rotations while the trunk was stationary...
- Firing behaviour of squirrel monkey eye movement-related vestibular nucleus neurons during gaze saccadesRobert A McCrea
Department of Neurobiology, Pharmacology and Physiology, Committee on Neurobiology, University of Chicago, 5806 South Ellis Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Physiol 546:207-24. 2003..The convergence of motor and sensory reafferent inputs on VOR pathways provides a mechanism for separate control of eye and head movements during and after saccadic gaze shifts...
- Activity of ventroposterior thalamus neurons during rotation and translation in the horizontal plane in the alert squirrel monkeyVladimir Marlinski
University of Chicago, Department of Neurobiology, Pharmacology and Physiology, 947 E 58th Street, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Neurophysiol 99:2533-45. 2008..Results of this study imply that changes in the discharge rate of vestibular-sensitive thalamic neurons can be approximated using power functions of the angular and linear velocity of spatial motion...