G Lindsay McCrea
Affiliation: University of California
- Review article: self-report measures to evaluate constipationG L McCrea
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 27:638-48. 2008..Valid and reliable measures of constipation are essential to standardize the diagnosis, assess the severity and evaluate the effectiveness of treatments...
- Pathophysiology of constipation in the older adultG Lindsay McCrea
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco 94143, United States
World J Gastroenterol 14:2631-8. 2008..Additional research is warranted on the effects of aging on GI function, as well as on the timing of these changes...
- A valid and reliable measure of constipation-related quality of lifeJennifer Y Wang
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 52:1434-42. 2009..Few existing measures assess constipation-specific quality of life. This study sought to develop a valid and reliable quality-of-life measure for constipation...
- A review of the literature on gender and age differences in the prevalence and characteristics of constipation in North AmericaG Lindsay McCrea
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 37:737-45. 2009..Research is needed on gender and age differences in the symptoms of constipation, and how covariates impact the prevalence and severity of constipation in the elderly...
- Age differences in patients evaluated for constipation: constipation characteristics, symptoms, and bowel and dietary habitsG Lindsay McCrea
Department of Nursing and Health Science, California State University, East Bay, CA, USA
J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs 37:667-76. 2010..We also sought to determine if age, comorbid conditions, and specific clinical characteristics such as use of pain medications were associated with an increase in the frequency of constipation-associated symptoms...
- The constipation severity instrument: a validated measureMadhulika G Varma
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco, 2330 Post Street, Suite 260, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 51:162-72. 2008..This study was designed to develop and test the validity and reliability of the Constipation Severity Instrument...