Barbara S McCrady
Affiliation: University of New Mexico
- A randomized trial of individual and couple behavioral alcohol treatment for womenBarbara S McCrady
Department of Psychology, University of New Mexico, Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse, and Addictions, MSC11 6280, Albuquerque, NM 87106, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 77:243-56. 2009..ABCT resulted in better outcomes than ABIT for women with Axis I disorders at the end of follow-up (PDA), and for women with Axis II disorders at the end of treatment (PDA) and at the end of follow-up (PDH)...
- Overcoming the glass ceiling: views from the cellar and the roofBarbara S McCrady
Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse, and Addictions, University of New Mexico, 2650 Yale Boulevard SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106, USA
Behav Ther 43:718-20. 2012..Although women's opportunities have improved considerably, women still experience unique career challenges and choices. The author provides some suggestions for women's career development...
- Treating alcohol problems with couple therapyBarbara S McCrady
Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse, and Addictions, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87122, USA
J Clin Psychol 68:514-25. 2012..Challenges in the treatment included her ambivalence about abstaining, their complicated work and travel schedules, and other life stressors...
- What do women want? Alcohol treatment choices, treatment entry and retentionBarbara S McCrady
Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse and Addictions, University of New Mexico, MSC11 6280, 2650 Yale Boulevard SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 25:521-9. 2011..Results suggest that barriers to couple therapy for women with AUDs need to be addressed to facilitate more widespread dissemination. Given women's preferences, it also is important to offer a range of treatments...
- Accounting for self-selected drinking goals in the assessment of treatment outcomeZayed Al-Otaiba
Department of Psychology, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 22:439-43. 2008..The two goal groups did not differ in outcome when the authors compared them using more traditional measures of outcome, percent days abstinent and percent heavy drinking days...
- The pretreatment social networks of women with alcohol dependenceJennifer Knapp Manuel
Department of Psychology, Logan Hall, MSCO3 2220, 1 University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 68:871-8. 2007..The objective of the current study is to examine the pretreatment social networks of women seeking conjoint treatment for an alcohol-use disorder...
- White matter volume in alcohol use disorders: a meta-analysisMollie A Monnig
Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse, and Addictions, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Addict Biol 18:581-92. 2013..These results are suggestive of WM recovery with sustained abstinence and point to the need for further investigation of factors related to treatment-seeking status...
- Improving the quality of reporting alcohol outcome studies: effects of the CONSORT statementBenjamin O Ladd
Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse, and Addictions CASAA, 2650 Yale Blvd SE, MSC11 6280, Albuquerque, NM 87106, USA
Addict Behav 35:660-6. 2010..Results suggest that efforts to improve reporting such as the CONSORT guidelines can be useful and influential...
- Mechanisms of Change: Alcohol Behavioral Couple TherapyBarbara S McCrady; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed research is designed to provide better knowledge about of why family involvement is helpful in treatment, knowledge that should help clinicians to be more effective when families are involved in alcoholism treatment. ..