Laura A McClure
Affiliation: University of Miami
- Risky drinking in the older population: a comparison of Florida to the rest of the USLaura A McClure
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, 1120 NW 14th Street, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Addict Behav 38:1894-7. 2013..However, state-level comparisons of excessive alcohol consumption are limited...
- Young adult former ever smokers: the role of type of smoker, quit attempts, quit aids, attitudes/beliefs, and demographicsLaura A McClure
Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 1120 NW 14th Street, 15th Floor C202, Miami, FL 33136, USA Electronic address
Prev Med 57:690-5. 2013..Further, this age group often has been considered an extension of the adult population. This study aims to examine young adult former ever smokers to understand factors associated with their stopping smoking...
- Correlates of smoking among young adults: the role of lifestyle, attitudes/beliefs, demographics, and exposure to anti-tobacco media messagingNoella A Dietz
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1120 NW 14th Street, 15th Floor, Miami, FL 33136, United States
Drug Alcohol Depend 130:115-21. 2013..The objective was to identify factors influencing young adult cigarette use, employing the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention logic model, with an emphasis on the role of lifestyle, tobacco use tolerance, and attitudes/beliefs...
- State variations of chronic disease risk factors in older AmericansStacey L Tannenbaum
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 9:E177. 2012..Older adults residing in Arkansas and Montana had the worst chronic disease risk profile compared with other states. These findings indicate the need for improved or increased targeted interventions in these states...
- Comparison of Florida skin cancer screening rates with those in different US regionsCristina A Fernandez
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health and Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery and the Division of Biostatistics, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 1120 NW 14th St, Miami, FL 33137, USA
South Med J 105:524-9. 2012....
- Correlates of leisure time physical activity compliance in colorectal cancer survivorsAnthony P D'Andrea
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Clinical Research Building, Room 1074, 1140 NW 14th Street, 10th Floor R 669, Miami, FL 33136, USA Electronic address
Prev Med 62:78-82. 2014..We investigated sociodemographic, physically limiting, and behavioral predictors influencing leisure time physical activity (LTPA) among CRC survivors...
- Geographical Variation in Health-Related Quality of Life Among Older US Adults, 1997-2010Diana Kachan
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 1120 NW 14th St, Room 1073, Miami, FL 33136 E mail
Prev Chronic Dis 11:E110. 2014..We compared HRQOL among older adults in the 50 US states and the District of Columbia using the Health and Activities Limitation Index (HALex). We also compared the HRQOL of 4 regions: South, West, Midwest, and Northeast...
- Dry eye medication use and expenditures: data from the medical expenditure panel survey 2001 to 2006Anat Galor
Division of Ophthalmology, Miami Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Miami, FL 33132, USA
Cornea 31:1403-7. 2012..To study dry eye medication use and expenditures from 2001 to 2006 using a nationally representative sample of US adults...