Affiliation: University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Abnormal liver function tests in a liver transplant recipient with hepatitis B virus: Report of a caseTimothy McCashland
Department of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 3285, USA
Liver Transpl 12:S48-9. 2006
- Retransplantation for hepatitis C: results of a U.S. multicenter retransplant studyTimothy McCashland
Department of Hepatology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 3285, USA
Liver Transpl 13:1246-53. 2007..MELD scores were not predictive of post-reTX survival. Survival was <50% in the non-HCV reTx group with MELD score of >30. Many patients with recurrent HCV are not considered for reTX and die from recurrent disease...
- Management of liver transplant recipients with recurrent hepatitis CTimothy M McCashland
University of Nebraska Medical Center, 983285 NHS University, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 3285, USA
Curr Opin Organ Transplant 14:221-4. 2009..Although posttransplant treatment of hepatitis C virus infection remains suboptimal, active investigation continues to inform patient selection and risk-benefit analysis...
- Acute Budd-Chiari syndrome during pregnancy: surgical treatment and orthotopic liver transplantation with successful completion of the pregnancyWendy J Grant
Organ Transplantation Program, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198, USA
Liver Transpl 9:976-9. 2003..It is the only case of surgical treatment of Budd-Chiari syndrome during pregnancy reported in the literature...
- The North American Study for the Treatment of Refractory AscitesArun J Sanyal
Department of Internal Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University Health System, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Gastroenterology 124:634-41. 2003..The clinical utility of transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts (TIPS) vis-à-vis total paracentesis in the management of refractory ascites is unclear...
- Intravenous N-acetylcysteine improves transplant-free survival in early stage non-acetaminophen acute liver failureWilliam M Lee
Division of Digestive and Liver Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8887, USA
Gastroenterology 137:856-64, 864.e1. 2009..N-acetylcysteine (NAC), an antidote for acetaminophen poisoning, might benefit patients with non-acetaminophen-related acute liver failure...
- Survival after liver transplantation in patients with hepatic iron overload: the national hemochromatosis transplant registryKris V Kowdley
University of Washington, Seattle, 98195, USA
Gastroenterology 129:494-503. 2005..We examined the effect of HFE mutations on posttransplantation survival in patients with hepatic iron overload...
- Hepatitis B in liver transplant recipientsRobert G Gish
Department of Transplantation and Medicine, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, CA, USA
Liver Transpl 12:S54-64. 2006....
- The coagulopathy of acute liver failure and implications for intracranial pressure monitoringSantiago J Munoz
Division of Hepatology, Albert Einstein Medical Center, 5401 Old York Road, Klein Bldg, Suite 509, Philadelphia, PA 19141, USA
Neurocrit Care 9:103-7. 2008..The development of coagulopathy in acute liver failure (ALF) is universal. The severity of the coagulopathy is often assessed by determination of the prothrombin time and International Normalized Ratio (INR)...