Affiliation: University of California
- Structure and validity of sluggish cognitive tempo using an expanded item pool in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderKeith McBurnett
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 42:37-48. 2014..SCT appears to be meaningfully associated with impairment, even when controlling for depression. Common behaviors resembling Working Memory problems may represent a previously undescribed factor of SCT...
- Pharmacotherapy of inattention and ADHD in adolescentsKeith McBurnett
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Adolesc Med State Art Rev 24:391-405, viii. 2013..Such inferences, in the face of literature gaps, in no way obviate the need for continued research focused on adolescence...
- Mood and hormone responses to psychological challenge in adolescent males with conduct problemsKeith McBurnett
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco, Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute, California 94146, USA
Biol Psychiatry 57:1109-16. 2005..Relations between stress hormones and antisocial behavior are understudied...
- OROS methylphenidate hydrochloride for adult patients with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorderKeith McBurnett
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco, 401 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 12:315-24. 2011..Impairment across multiple domains of daily living can be mild to serious. OROS methylphenidate (MPH) was evaluated in two large adult clinical trials, and in 2008 it was approved in the USA to treat ADHD in adults aged up to 65 years...
- Treatment of aggressive ADHD in children and adolescents: conceptualization and treatment of comorbid behavior disordersKeith McBurnett
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Postgrad Med 121:158-65. 2009....
- Long-term safety and effectiveness of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate in adults with attention-deficit/ hyperactivity disorderRichard Weisler
Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
CNS Spectr 14:573-85. 2009..To evaluate the long-term safety and effectiveness of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (LDX) in the treatment of adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Child ADHD severity and positive and negative parenting as predictors of child social functioning: evaluation of three theoretical modelsNina M Kaiser
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Atten Disord 15:193-203. 2011....
- Family correlates of oppositional and conduct disorders in children with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorderLinda J Pfiffner
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 33:551-63. 2005..Efforts to prevent and/or treat CD should consider not only provision of structure and prudent discipline, but also the affective qualities of the relationship between the primary caretaker and child...
- Family correlates of comorbid anxiety disorders in children with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorderLinda J Pfiffner
Department of Psychiatry Children s Center at Langley Porter, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 34:725-35. 2006..These findings are consistent with theory linking those three family factors to the development of anxiety in all children. Implications for adjunctive treatment of anxiety that is comorbid with ADHD are discussed...
- A two-site randomized clinical trial of integrated psychosocial treatment for ADHD-inattentive typeLinda J Pfiffner
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco
J Consult Clin Psychol 82:1115-27. 2014....
- A randomized, controlled trial of integrated home-school behavioral treatment for ADHD, predominantly inattentive typeLinda J Pfiffner
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:1041-50. 2007..To evaluate the efficacy of a behavioral psychosocial treatment integrated across home and school (Child Life and Attention Skills Program) with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) predominantly inattentive type (ADHD-I)...
- Waxing and waning in concert: dynamic comorbidity of conduct disorder with other disruptive and emotional problems over 7 years among clinic-referred boysBenjamin B Lahey
Department of Psychiatry, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 111:556-67. 2002..These findings indicate a striking degree of dynamic comorbidity between CD and other types of psychopathology and provide an initial empirical framework for needed developmental models of comorbidity...
- Additive effects of parent adherence on social and behavioral outcomes of a collaborative school-home behavioral intervention for ADHDMIGUEL T VILLODAS
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, 401 Parnassus Ave, Box 0984 CAS, San Francisco, CA, 94143, USA
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 45:348-60. 2014..Findings support the emphasis of CLS on coordinating intervention strategies across contexts to facilitate the generalization of treatment-related improvements in social and behavioral functioning. ..
- Educational outcomes of a collaborative school-home behavioral intervention for ADHDLinda J Pfiffner
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Sch Psychol Q 28:25-36. 2013..Findings support the focus of CLS on both ADHD symptom reduction and organizational skill improvement and support the feasibility of a model which utilizes school-based mental health professionals as providers...
- Prevention of serious conduct problems in youth with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorderMIGUEL T VILLODAS
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Expert Rev Neurother 12:1253-63. 2012..Future directions for researchers are discussed...
- Double-blind, placebo-controlled study of the efficacy and safety of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderLenard A Adler
Department of Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine, 530 First Ave 7D, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:1364-73. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of 30, 50, and 70 mg/day lisdexamfetamine dimesylate compared with placebo in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Acetyl-L-carnitine (ALC) in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a multi-site, placebo-controlled pilot trialL Eugene Arnold
The Ohio State University Nisonger Center, Columbus, OH, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 17:791-802. 2007..Trials in Down's syndrome, migraine, and Alzheimer's disease showed benefit for attention. A preliminary trial in ADHD using L-carnitine reported significant benefit...
- ADHD subtype differences in motivational responsivity but not inhibitory control: evidence from a reward-based variation of the stop signal paradigmCynthia L Huang-Pollock
Department of Psychology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802 3106, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 36:127-36. 2007....
- ADHD treatment with once-daily OROS methylphenidate: interim 12-month results from a long-term open-label studyTimothy Wilens
Clinical Research Program in Pediatric Psychopharmacology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 15 Parkman Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 42:424-33. 2003..This article reports an interim analysis of a 24-month study evaluating the 12-month tolerability and effectiveness of a once-daily OROS formulation of methylphenidate (OROS MPH) in children with ADHD...
- The reliability and validity of Kiddie-Schedule for Affective Disorders and Schizophrenia-Present and Lifetime Version- Korean version (K-SADS-PL-K)Young Shin Kim
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, Hallym University Sacred Heart Hospital, Anyang, Korea
Yonsei Med J 45:81-9. 2004..Future studies will examine the validity and reliability of the K-SADS-PL-K in larger samples, including adolescents and community samples on a variety of child and adolescent psychiatric disorders...
- ADHD treatment with once-daily OROS methylphenidate: final results from a long-term open-label studyTimothy Wilens
Massachusetts General Hospital, Pediatric Psychopharmacology, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:1015-23. 2005..This article presents final results from an open-label, multisite study of a once-daily formulation of methylphenidate (MPH), OROS MPH...
- Multisite controlled study of OROS methylphenidate in the treatment of adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderTimothy E Wilens
Pediatric Psychopharmacology Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, YAW 6 6A, 32 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 160:82-90. 2006..Despite the persistence of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) into adolescence, little is known about the efficacy and tolerability of stimulant medications in this age group...
- Once-daily OROS methylphenidate is safe and well tolerated in adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderJames J McGough
Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, and David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 300 UCLA Medical Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 16:351-6. 2006..Headache, anorexia, and insomnia were the most frequently reported treatment-related adverse events. The incidence of adverse events was not related to dose. OROS MPH was safe and well tolerated at doses up to 72 mg/day...
- Social skills differences among attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder types in a chat room assessment taskAmori Yee Mikami
Department of Psychology, University of Virginia, 102 Gilmer Hall, P O Box 400400, Charlottesville, VA 22904 4400, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 35:509-21. 2007..SCT symptoms, most prevalent among children with ADHD-I, predicted a distinct pattern of social withdrawal and lower hostility. Parent and teacher ratings and in-vivo observations of social skills correlate with this new measure...
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of guanfacine extended release in children and adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderJoseph Biederman
Pediatric Psychopharmacology Department, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Pediatrics 121:e73-84. 2008..With this study we assessed the efficacy and safety of an extended-release formulation of guanfacine compared with placebo for the treatment of children and adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder...