Gregory A Maynard
Affiliation: University of California
- Design and implementation of a web-based reporting and benchmarking center for inpatient glucometricsGreg Maynard
Department of Medicine, Division of Hospital Medicine, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, CA, USA
J Diabetes Sci Technol 8:630-40. 2014..Tools like this help to establish standardized glucometrics and performance standards. ..
- 2011 John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Awards. Mentored implementation: building leaders and achieving results through a collaborative improvement model. Innovation in patient safety and quality at the national levelGregory A Maynard
Division of Hospital Medicine, University of California, San Diego, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 38:301-10. 2012....
- Designing and implementing effective venous thromboembolism prevention protocols: lessons from collaborative effortsGreg Maynard
Division of Hospital Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA 92103 8485, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 29:159-66. 2010....
- Optimizing prevention of hospital-acquired venous thromboembolism (VTE): prospective validation of a VTE risk assessment modelGregory A Maynard
Division of Hospital Medicine, University of California, San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, California 92103, USA
J Hosp Med 5:10-8. 2010..Hospital-acquired (HA) venous thromboembolism (VTE) is a common source of morbidity/mortality. Prophylactic measures are underutilized. Available risk assessment models/protocols are not prospectively validated...
- Improved inpatient use of basal insulin, reduced hypoglycemia, and improved glycemic control: effect of structured subcutaneous insulin orders and an insulin management algorithmGreg Maynard
Division of Hospital Medicine, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
J Hosp Med 4:3-15. 2009..Structured subcutaneous insulin order sets and insulin protocols are widely advocated. The intervention effects are not well reported...
- Perioperative care of the geriatric patient with diabetes or hyperglycemiaGreg Maynard
Division of Hospital Medicine, University of California, 200 West Arbor Drive 8485, San Diego, CA 92130, USA
Clin Geriatr Med 24:649-65, viii. 2008....
- Subcutaneous insulin order sets and protocols: effective design and implementation strategiesGreg Maynard
Division of Hospital Medicine, University of California San Diego, San Diego, California 92103 8485, USA
J Hosp Med 3:29-41. 2008
- Society of Hospital Medicine Glycemic Control Task Force summary: practical recommendations for assessing the impact of glycemic control effortsJeffrey L Schnipper
Brigham and Women s Faulkner Hospitalist Service and Division of General Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02120 1613, USA
J Hosp Med 3:66-75. 2008
- Introduction: Overview of efforts and lessons learnedGreg Maynard
J Hosp Med 3:1-5. 2008
- Designing and implementing insulin infusion protocols and order setsAndrew J Ahmann
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Clinical Nutrition, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
J Hosp Med 3:42-54. 2008..In many cases, it is best to start more conservatively and methodically intensify the protocol. Continuous assessment of protocol errors, adverse events, staff satisfaction, and outcomes is vital to overall success...