Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Effect of depression treatment on depressive symptoms in older adulthood: the moderating role of painShahrzad Mavandadi
Section of Geriatric Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:202-11. 2007..To investigate whether pain severity and interference with normal work activities moderate the effects of depression treatment on changes in depressive symptoms over time in older adults in primary care...
- Pain, positive and negative social exchanges, and depressive symptomatology in later lifeShahrzad Mavandadi
University of Pennsylvania, Section of Geriatric Psychiatry, 3535 Market St, 3005, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Aging Health 19:813-30. 2007....
- Positive and negative social exchanges and disability in later life: an investigation of trajectories of changeShahrzad Mavandadi
University of Pennsylvania, Department of Psychiatry, 3535 Market Street, 3005, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 62:S361-70. 2007..The current study, therefore, examined the extent to which distinct longitudinal trajectories of positive and negative exchanges were associated with patterns of physical disability...
- Suicidal ideation and social exchanges among at-risk veterans referred for a behavioral health assessmentShahrzad Mavandadi
Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, Philadelphia VA Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 48:233-43. 2013..g., emotional and instrumental support) and negative (e.g., insensitive behavior, unwanted advice from others) social exchanges and suicidal ideation among veterans referred for a behavioral health assessment...
- Age group differences among veterans enrolled in a clinical service for behavioral health issues in primary careShahrzad Mavandadi
Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 20:205-14. 2012..To examine age group differences in the identification, engagement, clinical outcomes, and monitoring of older, relative to middle aged and younger, veterans with behavioral health needs enrolled in an integrated care management program..
- Telephone-based care management for older adults initiated on psychotropic medicationDonovan T Maust
Department of Psychiatry, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 28:410-6. 2013..This study aimed to explore the longitudinal, 6-month symptom course of older adults newly started on an antidepressant or anxiolytic by non-psychiatrist physicians and enrolled in a care management program...
- Telephone-based behavioral health assessment for older adults starting a new psychiatric medicationDonovan T Maust
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 19:851-8. 2011..The purpose of this study is to explore behavioral health symptoms and characteristics of noninstitutionalized older adults newly started on an antidepressant, anxiolytic, or antipsychotic agent by nonpsychiatrist physicians...
- When late-life depression improves: what do older patients say about their treatment?Frances K Barg
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 18:596-605. 2010....
- Psychological well-being among individuals aging with HIV: the value of social relationshipsShahrzad Mavandadi
Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 51:91-8. 2009..Utilizing a heterogenous sample of adults diagnosed with HIV infection, the current study sought to explore associations among age, various dimensions of social support, and psychological and functional well-being...
- Missed opportunities: fewer service referrals after positive alcohol misuse screens in VA primary careDonovan T Maust
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, 3535 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:310-2. 2011..The primary purpose of this study was to compare referral to additional clinical services after primary care clinicians screened for and found a positive screen for alcohol misuse, depression, or posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)...
- Predictors of sleep disturbances in Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation Enduring Freedom veterans reporting a traumaLes A Gellis
Philadelphia Veterans Medical Center, MIRECC 116, 2nd Floor, University and Woodland Avenues, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mil Med 175:567-73. 2010..80, p = 0.007), and greater nonsleep depression increased the likelihood of severe DIMS (OR = 1.20, p = 0.008). Thus, factors aside from PTSD severity are related to sleep disturbance in OIF/OEF veterans reporting a trauma...
- Use of latent variable modeling to delineate psychiatric and cognitive profiles in Parkinson diseaseShahrzad Mavandadi
Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, Philadelphia VA Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 17:986-95. 2009..The objective of this study was to use analytic-based approaches to classify psychiatric and cognitive symptoms in PD...
- Insomnia in alcohol dependence: predictors of symptoms in a sample of veterans referred from primary careSubhajit Chakravorty
MIRECC VISN 4, Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Am J Addict 22:266-70. 2013..In this preliminary study, we investigated the relations between insomnia complaints and socio-demographic factors and psychiatric co-morbidity in treatment-seeking patients with alcohol dependence...
- Association between urine drug test results and treatment outcome in high-risk chronic pain patients on opioidsKelly S Barth
From the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences KSB, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC Department of Internal Medicine WCB, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT Philadelphia VA Medical Center NLW, DWO, RMG, Philadelphia, PA and Department of Psychiatry SM, DWO, RMG, Department of Anesthesia RMG, and School of Nursing SHM, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
J Addict Med 4:167-73. 2010..The purpose of this study was to describe how the results of UDTs gathered from a group of chronic pain patients in a high-risk monitored opioid pharmacotherapy program apply to treatment outcome...
- Longitudinal course of substance treatment benefits in older male veteran at-risk drinkersFaika Zanjani
Graduate Center for Gerontology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 41094, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 63:98-106. 2008....