Dan D Matlock
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Patient and cardiologist perceptions on decision making for implantable cardioverter-defibrillators: a qualitative studyDan D Matlock
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Colorado, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 34:1634-44. 2011..Although implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs) reduce mortality in selected patients, they are also associated with potential risks. Periprocedural decision making requires understanding both benefits and risks...
- Life-saving devices reach the end of life with heart failureDaniel D Matlock
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Prog Cardiovasc Dis 55:274-81. 2012..This article discusses the evidence around device deactivation at the end-of-life and offers suggestions for improvement...
- Variation in use of dual-chamber implantable cardioverter-defibrillators: results from the national cardiovascular data registryDan D Matlock
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, 80045, USA
Arch Intern Med 172:634-41; discussion 641. 2012..The current use of dual-chamber ICDs is not well characterized...
- Patient perspectives on decision making in heart failureDan D Matlock
University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, Academic Office 1, 12631 E 17th Avenue, Campus Box B 180, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Card Fail 16:823-6. 2010..The goal of this qualitative study was to describe patients' perceptions surrounding difficult decisions along with factors that influenced their decisions...
- Regional variations in palliative care: do cardiologists follow guidelines?Dan D Matlock
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado, USA
J Palliat Med 13:1315-9. 2010..Our objective was to examine whether an association exists between cardiologists' tendencies to discuss palliative care for patients with advanced heart failure and the regional use of health care in the last 6 months of life...
- Regional variation in the use of implantable cardioverter-defibrillators for primary prevention: results from the National Cardiovascular Data RegistryDan D Matlock
University of Colorado Denver, School of Medicine, 12631 E 17th Ave, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 4:114-21. 2011....
- Regional variations in physicians' attitudes and recommendations surrounding implantable cardioverter-defibrillatorsDan D Matlock
Division of General InternalMedicine, University of Colorado, Denver School of Medicine, 12631 E 17th Ave, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Card Fail 17:318-24. 2011..This study was designed to determine if physicians' attitudes and recommendations surrounding implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs) are regionally associated with ICD use...