Affiliation: University of New Mexico
- Current difficulties and recent advances in bypass therapy for the management of hemophilia with inhibitors: a new and practical formulation of recombinant factor VIIaLinda Butros
The University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Drug Des Devel Ther 5:275-82. 2011....
- Isotopic synovectomy with P-32 in paediatric patients with haemophiliaP Mathew
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Ohio Hospital, Toledo, Ohio, USA
Haemophilia 6:547-55. 2000..As previously shown, MRI appears to give more detailed information about joint arthropathy than plain radiographs...
- A phase II study of amifostine in children with myelodysplastic syndrome: a report from the Children's Oncology Group study (AAML0121)Prasad Mathew
Department of Pediatrics, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 0001, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 57:1230-2. 2011..The role of amifostine in pediatric MDS was not known at the time of study...
- Recombinant factor VIIa in paediatric bleeding disorders--a 2006 reviewP Mathew
Department of Pediatrics, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, and Children s Hospital of Orange County, Orange, CA, USA
Haemophilia 12:457-72. 2006..rFVIIa has been administered as both bolus and continuous infusions, and at varying doses. Furthermore, adverse events have not reportedly increased in children despite growing experience with its use in the paediatric population...
- Current opinion on inhibitor treatment optionsPrasad Mathew
Department of Pediatrics, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87113, USA
Semin Hematol 43:S8-13. 2006..Both the cost of therapy and the outcome of therapy will need to be considered in the development of future hemostatic agents for patients with inhibitors...
- Therapeutic choices in the current millennium: hemophilia workshop highlightsPrasad Mathew
Department of Pediatrics, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 45:611-5. 2005..This paper provides a summary of the discussions at these workshops. Despite the progress made in the management of patients with hemophilia, the workshop highlighted the fact that there were still many unanswered questions...
- The use of rFVIIa in non-haemophilia bleeding conditions in paediatrics. A systematic reviewPrasad Mathew
University of New Mexico, Department of Pediatrics, MSC 10 5590, 1 University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87131 0001, USA
Thromb Haemost 92:738-46. 2004..However, most of the published work is mainly anecdotal, case reports or small series. Randomized trials in children are eagerly awaited...
- ConclusionPrasad Mathew
Ted R Montoya Hemophilia Treatment Center, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 15:S19. 2004
- Recombinant versus plasma-derived factor IX in the treatment of hemophilia B: proceedings of a meeting held in June 2003Prasad Mathew
Ted R Montoya Hemophilia Treatment Center, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, USA
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 15:S1-3. 2004
- Is there a potential role for serum cardiac troponin I as a marker for myocardial dysfunction in pediatric patients receiving anthracycline-based therapy? A pilot studyP Mathew
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University of New Mexico, ACC 3rd Floor, 2211 Lomas Blvd, NE, Albuquerque, NM 87131 5311, USA
Cancer Invest 19:352-9. 2001..In addition, larger sample size or longer follow-up may be helpful to determine if higher doses or symptomatic patients potentially have elevations in cTnI levels...
- Novel applications of recombinant factor VIIa for the management of pediatric coagulopathic diseasesPrasad Mathew
University of New Mexico, Department of Pediatrics, Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 5311, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 25:499-502. 2003..Using laboratory and clinical measures of outcome, the use of rVIIa as a therapeutic option in treating several different pediatric coagulopathic conditions is described...
- Efficacy of colony-stimulating factors in acute leukemiaM T Holdsworth
College of Pharmacy and Department of Pediatrics, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 5691, USA
Ann Pharmacother 35:92-108. 2001..To evaluate the literature describing the safety and efficacy of the hematopoietic colony-stimulating factors (CSFs) for the management of treatment-related adverse effects in patients with acute leukemia...
- Pain and distress from bone marrow aspirations and lumbar puncturesMark T Holdsworth
Pharmacy and Pediatrics, College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 1066, USA
Ann Pharmacother 37:17-22. 2003..To compare the efficacy of 3 different pharmacologic regimens to relieve pain and distress in children with cancer undergoing bone marrow aspirations (BMAs) and lumbar punctures (LPs)...
- How we manage requests for recombinant factor VIIa (NovoSeven)Prasad Mathew
Department of Pathology, University of New Mexico, New Mexico, USA
Transfusion 47:8-14. 2007
- PEGylated therapeutic proteins for haemophilia treatment: a review for haemophilia caregiversI A Ivens
Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, San Francisco, CA, USA
Haemophilia 19:11-20. 2013..Chronic use of currently available PEGylated products has been shown to be safe, paving the way for chronic use of PEGylated coagulation products in persons with haemophilia...
- Thrombotic events in neonates receiving recombinant factor VIIa or fresh frozen plasmaJohn Puetz
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Saint Louis University, SSM Cardinal Glennon Children s Medical Center, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 53:1074-8. 2009..The prevalence of thrombotic events in these neonates is completely unknown. This study was initiated to determine the risk of thrombotic events associated with rFVIIa use in neonates...
- The laboratory approach to inherited and acquired coagulation factor deficienciesBenjamin L Wagenman
Department of Pathology, University of New Mexico, TriCore Reference Laboratories, 915 Camino de Salud NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102, USA
Clin Lab Med 29:229-52. 2009..Understanding the optimal laboratory approach to evaluating factor deficiency will aid physicians and laboratory scientists in obtaining a prompt diagnosis and in avoiding pitfalls in coagulation testing...
- Recombinant factor VIIa in management of spontaneous subcapsular liver hematoma associated with pregnancyShakil H Merchant
Department of Pathology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Obstet Gynecol 103:1055-8. 2004..Spontaneous subcapsular liver hemorrhage is a rare but life-threatening complication of pregnancy. Optimal management of an expanding hematoma or ruptured capsule has not been established...
- Recombinant activated factor VII as an adjunct to packing for liver injury with hepatic venous disruptionJoachim Chino
Department of Surgery, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Am Surg 71:595-7. 2005..We report two children with hepatic venous injury requiring perihepatic packing and recombinant activated factor VII to successfully control hemorrhage...
- Alpha2-antiplasmin and its deficiency: fibrinolysis out of balanceS L Carpenter
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78207, USA
Haemophilia 14:1250-4. 2008..We also discuss some of the current avenues of investigation into its impact on other diseases and physiological states...
- Pharmacoeconomic analysis of recombinant factor VIIa versus APCC in the treatment of minor-to-moderate bleeds in hemophilia patients with inhibitorsAshish V Joshi
Novo Nordisk Inc, Princeton, NJ, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 22:23-31. 2006....
- Haemostatic efficacy and safety of bolus and continuous infusion of recombinant factor VIIa are comparable in haemophilia patients with inhibitors undergoing major surgery. Results from an open-label, randomized, multicenter trialRajiv K Pruthi
Comprehensive Hemophilia Center, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Thromb Haemost 98:726-32. 2007..Serious adverse events were related to continued or increased bleeding. In conclusion, haemostatic efficacy and safety of BI and CI of rFVIIa are comparable for the surgical management of haemophilia subjects with inhibitors...
- Prophylaxis versus episodic treatment to prevent joint disease in boys with severe hemophiliaMarilyn J Manco-Johnson
University of Colorado and Health Sciences Center, Denver, USA
N Engl J Med 357:535-44. 2007..Effective ways to prevent arthropathy in severe hemophilia are unknown...
- Chronic hepatitis B and other correlates of spontaneous clearance of hepatitis C virus among HIV-infected people with hemophiliaLehida Melendez-Morales
Viral Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 6120 Executive Boulevard, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
AIDS 21:1631-6. 2007..To identify correlates of spontaneous hepatitis C virus (HCV) clearance among people with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) co-infection...