LYDIA ELEANOR MATESIC
Affiliation: University of South Carolina
- Itchy mice: the identification of a new pathway for the development of autoimmunityL E Matesic
Department of Biological Sciences, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 321:185-200. 2008..A role for noncanonical Notch signaling in autoimmune disease is also supported by numerous mouse knockout studies, and suggests possible new therapeutic approaches for the treatment of autoimmune disease...
- IL-6 regulation on skeletal muscle mitochondrial remodeling during cancer cachexia in the ApcMin/+ mouseJames P White
Integrative Muscle Biology Laboratory, Exercise Science Department, Columbia, SC, USA
Skelet Muscle 2:14. 2012..abstract:..
- Itch genetically interacts with Notch1 in a mouse autoimmune disease modelLydia E Matesic
Mouse Cancer Genetics Program, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Hum Mol Genet 15:3485-97. 2006....
- Ginkgo biloba extract EGb 761 has anti-inflammatory properties and ameliorates colitis in mice by driving effector T cell apoptosisVenkata S Kotakadi
Department of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences, South Carolina College of Pharmacy, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
Carcinogenesis 29:1799-806. 2008..This current study is in agreement with previous studies supporting a use of EGb 761 as a complementary and alternative strategy to abate colitis and associated colon cancer...
- The Nedd4-like family of E3 ubiquitin ligases and cancerCeshi Chen
The Center for Cell Biology and Cancer Research, Albany Medical College, 47, New Scotland Ave, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Cancer Metastasis Rev 26:587-604. 2007..However, understanding the oncogenic potential of these E3s may facilitate the identification and development of biomarkers and drug targets in human cancer...
- The E3 ligase Itch negatively regulates inflammatory signaling pathways by controlling the function of the ubiquitin-editing enzyme A20Noula Shembade
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Nat Immunol 9:254-62. 2008..Thus, our studies show a previously unappreciated complexity of A20 substrate recognition and inactivation whereby TAX1BP1 and Itch function as essential subunits of an A20 ubiquitin-editing complex...
- Intracellular Sorting of Connexin 43 by the Ubiquitin Ligase Wwp1LYDIA ELEANOR MATESIC; Fiscal Year: 2010..This application defines how a novel player, Wwp1, controls the amount of Connexin43, and as such might serve as a diagnostic to identify those hypertrophic cardiomyopathy patients most likely to suffer sudden cardiac death. ..