A T Masi
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Rheumatoid arthritis: neuroendocrine immune integrated physiopathogenetic perspectives and therapyAlfonse T Masi
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, One Illini Drive, PO Box 1649, Peoria, IL 61656, USA
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 31:131-60, x. 2005..Future research may reveal means of diminishing the onset risk as well as disease activity of RA by controlling these imbalances of NEI and other vital networks...
- Sex hormones and risks of rheumatoid arthritis and developmental or environmental influencesAlfonse T Masi
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria UICOMP, One Illini Drive, Peoria, Illinois 61605, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1069:223-35. 2006..The literature on developmental and environmental influences on sex hormones and risks of RA was reviewed...
- Serum acute phase protein and inflammatory cytokine network correlations: comparison of a pre-rheumatoid arthritis and non-rheumatoid arthritis community cohortAlfonse T Masi
University of Illinois College of Medicine, Peoria, Ill, USA
J Innate Immun 5:100-13. 2013..Future research in testing such inflammatory pathways promises a better understanding of predisposition to diseases, like RA...
- Integrated neuroendocrine immune risk factors in relation to rheumatoid arthritis: should rheumatologists now adopt a model of a multiyear, presymptomatic phase?A T Masi
University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, IL 61656, USA
Scand J Rheumatol 34:342-52. 2005..Such studies promise to clarify the currently unknown causal and sequential chains in this enigmatic disease...
- Jacques Forestier's vanished bowstring sign in ankylosing spondylitis: a call to test its validity and possible relation to spinal myofascial hypertonicityA T Masi
University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria UICOMP, One Illini Drive, Peoria, Illinois 61656, USA
Clin Exp Rheumatol 23:760-6. 2005..Critical, controlled assessment of Forestier's bowstring sign and biomechanical investigations of the dorsolumbar muscles in AS promise to offer new insights into the early physiopathogenesis of this unique disease...
- Human resting muscle tone (HRMT): narrative introduction and modern conceptsAlfonse T Masi
University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, Peoria, IL 61656, USA
J Bodyw Mov Ther 12:320-32. 2008..Interdisciplinary research on HRMT and its biodynamics promises greater effectiveness of clinical practitioners and productivity of investigators, which warrants priority attention...
- Are adolescent idiopathic scoliosis and ankylosing spondylitis counter-opposing conditions? A hypothesis on biomechanical contributions predisposing to these spinal disordersA T Masi
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria UICOMP, One Illini Drive, Box 1649, Peoria, Illinois 61656, USA
Clin Exp Rheumatol 21:573-80. 2003..One condition is suspected to counter-oppose the other, within a polymorphic spectrum of spinal stability...
- Ankylosing spondylitis: integrated clinical and physiological perspectivesA T Masi
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria UICOMP, One Illini Drive, Box 1649, Peoria, Illinois 61656 1649, USA
Clin Exp Rheumatol 21:1-8. 2003..However, the following clinical epidemiological and physiological observations raise the possibility of a relationship between axial muscular hypertonicity and AS, which will be reviewed sequentially...
- Perspectives on the relationship of adrenal steroids to rheumatoid arthritisAlfonse T Masi
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, Peoria, Illinois 61656, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 966:1-12. 2002....
- Altered neuroendocrine immune (NEI) networks in rheumatologyMaurizio Cutolo
University of Genova, Italy
Ann N Y Acad Sci 966:xiii-xviii. 2002
- Techniques for "blind" glucocorticosteroid injections into glenohumeral jointsAlfonse T Masi
J Rheumatol 34:1201-2; author reply 1202. 2007
- Accuracy of intra-articular injection of the glenohumeral joint: a cadaveric studyAlfonse T Masi
Orthopedics 29:480; author reply 480. 2006
- Circadian rhythms and arthritisMaurizio Cutolo
Research Laboratory, Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Universita degli Studi di Genova, Viale Benedetto XV 6, 16132 Genova, Italy
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 31:115-29, ix-x. 2005....
- Clinical aspects of immune neuroendocrine mechanisms in rheumatic diseasesJohannes W J Bijlsma
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 31:xiii-xvi. 2005
- Neuroendocrine immune perturbations in rheumatoid arthritis: causes, consequences, or confounders in the disease process?Alfonse T Masi
J Rheumatol 30:2302-5. 2003
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome and rheumatoid arthritis: possible physiopathogenetic clues to hormonal influences on chronic inflammationAlfonse T Masi
Semin Arthritis Rheum 33:67-71. 2003
- The role of neuroendocrine system in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid diseasesAlfonse T Masi
Endocr Regul 37:45-6; author reply 47-8. 2003
- Neuroendocrine immune mechanisms in rheumatic diseasesJohannes W J Bijlsma
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University Medical Center Ultrecht, The Netherlands
Trends Immunol 23:59-61. 2002
- Leukotriene antagonists: bystanders or causes of Churg-Strauss syndrome?Alfonse T Masi
Semin Arthritis Rheum 31:211-7. 2002