Affiliation: University of California
- Teplizumab therapy for type 1 diabetesUmesh B Masharani
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, 400 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 10:459-65. 2010..Immunological interventions are directed at arresting the loss of beta-cell function with the promise that this will make it easier for patients to control their glucose levels...
- Effects of controlled-release alpha lipoic acid in lean, nondiabetic patients with polycystic ovary syndromeUmesh Masharani
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, Diabetes Center, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Diabetes Sci Technol 4:359-64. 2010..The purpose of this study was to determine whether a preparation of controlled-release alpha lipoic acid (CRLA) influences features of the polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)...
- Diabetes distress but not clinical depression or depressive symptoms is associated with glycemic control in both cross-sectional and longitudinal analysesLawrence Fisher
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Diabetes Care 33:23-8. 2010..To determine the concurrent, prospective, and time-concordant relationships among major depressive disorder (MDD), depressive symptoms, and diabetes distress with glycemic control...
- Daily negative mood affects fasting glucose in type 2 diabetesMarilyn M Skaff
Department of Family and Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Health Psychol 28:265-72. 2009..To examine the relationship between mood and blood glucose in a 21-day daily diary study...
- Patient age: a neglected factor when considering disease management in adults with type 2 diabetesDanielle M Hessler
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, 94143, USA
Patient Educ Couns 85:154-9. 2011..The average age at diagnosis for type 2 diabetes is decreasing. However, because age is most often controlled for in clinical research, little is known regarding how adult age is associated with diabetes disease-related variables...
- Influence of gender on the relationship between insulin sensitivity, adiposity, and plasma lipids in lean nondiabetic subjectsUmesh Masharani
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Metabolism 58:1602-8. 2009..These results both highlight sex differences in the associations between insulin resistance, regional adipose stores, and lipids values and emphasize the importance of adipose stores on the development of an individual's lipid profile...
- Chromium supplementation in non-obese non-diabetic subjects is associated with a decline in insulin sensitivityUmesh Masharani
Department of Medicine, Diabetes Center, University of California San Francisco, 400 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA, 94143 1222, USA
BMC Endocr Disord 12:31. 2012..abstract:..
- Impact of exogenous glucocorticoid use on salivary cortisol measurements among adults with asthma and rhinitisUmesh Masharani
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, 94143 1222, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 30:744-52. 2005....
- Young adult African American patients with type 2 diabetes: a high risk patient sub-group with few supports for good diabetes managementDanielle Marie Hessler
University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Health Psychol 17:535-44. 2012..They reported relying less on partners, greater unresolved conflict with partners around diabetes, and less church involvement. The association between age and HbA1c was partially mediated by patients' trust of their physician...
- Insulin secretion in type 1 diabetesChynna Steele
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, and the Naomi Berrie Diabetes Center, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Diabetes 53:426-33. 2004....
- Clinical depression versus distress among patients with type 2 diabetes: not just a question of semanticsLawrence Fisher
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Box 0900, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Diabetes Care 30:542-8. 2007..We sought to determine differences between structured interviews, symptom questionnaires, and distress measures for assessment of depression in patients with diabetes...
- Islet transplantation in type 1 diabetic patients using calcineurin inhibitor-free immunosuppressive protocols based on T-cell adhesion or costimulation blockadeAndrew M Posselt
Transplant Division, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0790, USA
Transplantation 90:1595-601. 2010....
- High-resolution peripheral quantitative computed tomographic imaging of cortical and trabecular bone microarchitecture in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusAndrew J Burghardt
Musculoskeletal Quantitative Imaging Research Group, Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, University of California, San Francisco, QB3 Building, Suite 203, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:5045-55. 2010..Cross-sectional epidemiological studies have found that patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) have a higher incidence of certain fragility fractures despite normal or elevated bone mineral density (BMD)...
- Properties of triglyceride-rich and cholesterol-rich lipoproteins in the remnant-like particle fraction of human blood plasmaElisa Campos
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, Rm L 1337, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Lipid Res 43:365-74. 2002..RLP-cholesterol concentrations in individuals with low plasma TG may not have the same clinical significance as they do in those with hypertriglyceridemia...