Renato G Martins
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Phase II trial of neoadjuvant chemotherapy using alternating doublets in non-small-cell lung cancerRenato G Martins
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 8:257-63. 2007..Postchemotherapy mediastinal-based treatment decisions allow for in vivo testing of activity and could help to determine the ideal local treatment...
- Treatment of locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer with combination of chemotherapy and radiationRenato G Martins
Division of Thoracic and Head and Neck Medical Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98109 1023, USA
Semin Respir Crit Care Med 26:273-7. 2005..The incorporation of these "targeted therapies" in the treatment of patients with locally advanced disease is being actively investigated and will, it is hoped, translate into significant therapeutic benefits for the patients...
- Medullary thyroid cancer: options for systemic therapy of metastatic disease?Renato G Martins
J Clin Oncol 24:1653-5. 2006
- A Phase II study of pulse dose imatinib mesylate and weekly paclitaxel in patients aged 70 and over with advanced non-small cell lung cancerJulie E Bauman
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology and Biostatistics, University of New Mexico Cancer Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
BMC Cancer 12:449. 2012..Antagonizing PDGFR with imatinib may improve intra-tumoral delivery of paclitaxel, increasing response rate (RR)...
- Cisplatin and radiotherapy with or without erlotinib in locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: a randomized phase II trialRenato G Martins
University of Washington, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, 825 Eastlake Ave E MS G4 940, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
J Clin Oncol 31:1415-21. 2013..Erlotinib is a small-molecule inhibitor of EGFR. Adding EGFR inhibition to standard cisplatin-radiotherapy may improve efficacy...
- The management of patients with stage IIIA non-small cell lung cancer with N2 mediastinal node involvementRenato G Martins
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Seattle, WA, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 10:599-613. 2012..Data derived from clinical trials have provided incomplete guidance for physicians and their patients. The best therapeutic plan is achieved through the multidisciplinary cooperation of a team specialized in lung cancer...
- Salvage lung resection after definitive radiation (>59 Gy) for non-small cell lung cancer: surgical and oncologic outcomesJulie E Bauman
Department of Medical Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 86:1632-8; discussion 1638-9. 2008..Although originally considered inoperable, select patients are referred for surgical salvage. We describe a series of salvage lung resection after curative-intent radiation...
- Antagonism of platelet-derived growth factor receptor in non small cell lung cancer: rationale and investigationsJulie E Bauman
University of Washington, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:s4632-6. 2007..These trials should indicate whether encouraging preclinical data can be translated into clinical benefit in non-small cell lung cancer...
- Maintenance chemotherapy in non-small cell lung cancerKeith D Eaton
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Seattle Cancer Care Alliance University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 8:815-21. 2010..Consideration of trial design is critical for the interpretation of these results. Data on quality of life and cost have not been presented, but will ultimately be important in evaluating the usefulness of these approaches...
- Treatment of recurrent squamous cell carcinoma of the skin with cetuximabJulie E Bauman
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, 825 Eastlake Ave E, G4 830, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Arch Dermatol 143:889-92. 2007..Toxic effects include acneiform rash and diarrhea. Preclinical data suggest that epidermal growth factor receptor is important in SCCS carcinogenesis...
- Second-line and third-line chemotherapy for lung cancer: use and costScott D Ramsey
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave N, M3 B232, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Am J Manag Care 14:297-306. 2008..To identify commonly prescribed first-, second-, and third-line chemotherapy regimens for persons with lung cancer and to evaluate the utilization patterns and costs of care associated with receiving these regimens...
- Response to paclitaxel in adenoid cystic carcinoma of the salivary glandsBrian G Till
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave N, D3 190, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Head Neck 30:810-4. 2008..Paclitaxel is not considered to be an active drug in adenoid cystic carcinoma (ACC) of the salivary glands. We report 2 consecutive cases of patients with ACC who responded to paclitaxel...
- 18F FDG-PET/CT findings in recurrent respiratory papillomatosisSudhakar N J Pipavath
Department of Radiology, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, Box 357115, 1959 NE Pacific Street, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Ann Nucl Med 22:433-6. 2008..We report FDG-PET/CT findings in a case of RRP that included a large papillomatous lung mass resembling cancer...
- Novel agents in the treatment of lung cancer: Fourth Cambridge ConferenceThomas J Lynch
Division of Hematology Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Yawkey, 7th Floor, Suite 7601, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:s4583-8. 2007....
- First-line gefitinib in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer harboring somatic EGFR mutationsLecia V Sequist
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, 32 Fruit St, Yawkey Suite 7B, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2442-9. 2008..The multicenter iTARGET trial prospectively examined first-line gefitinib in advanced NSCLC patients harboring EGFR mutations and explored the significance of EGFR mutation subtypes and TKI resistance mechanisms...