Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- The nature of illness experience: a course on boundariesRichard Martinez
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Department of Psychiatry, Center for Biothics and Humanities, Denver 80262, USA
Theor Med Bioeth 23:259-69. 2002..quot; Within the dynamic and intimate relationship that unfolds over several months, students explore the "experience of boundaries," and are invited to use this experience to consider their evolving professional identity...
- Commentary: toward a unified theory of personal and professional ethicsRichard Martinez
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Department of Psychiatry, Campus Box C 249 27, 4200 E Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 33:382-5. 2005..As we argued in an earlier work, a robust professionalism for forensic psychiatry cannot ignore our physician background or our diverse personal histories. Dr. Griffith's essay contributes forcefully to the development of such a view...
- Crisis in the treatment of incompetence to proceed to trial: harbinger of a systemic illnessHal Wortzel
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado, CPH Room 2508, 4200 East 9th Avenue, C268 25, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 35:357-63. 2007....
- Commentary: the higher standards of aspirational ethicsPhilip J Candilis
Department of Psychiatry, UMass Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 34:242-4. 2006..In fact, a robust professional ethic that requires broader consideration of personal, professional, and community values finds renewed expression in this ethical analysis...
- Cross-cultural boundary dilemmas: a graded-risk assessment approachDaniel Savin
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, CO 80220, USA
Transcult Psychiatry 43:243-58. 2006..Clients' notions of appropriate boundaries must be considered in the decision-making process. Case examples from a refugee mental health clinic are used to elucidate a flexible approach to boundary decisions...
- Professionalism and boundariesRichard Martinez
Center for Bioethics and Humanities, Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Health Sciences Centre, Denver 80262, USA
Theor Med Bioeth 23:185-9. 2002
- Robert D Miller MD, PhD: September 4, 1941-July 13, 2006Richard Martinez
Behav Sci Law 25:333-5. 2007