Maria Elena Martinez
Affiliation: University of California
- Association between parity and obesity in Mexican and Mexican-American women: findings from the Ella binational breast cancer studyMaria Elena Martinez
Moores UCSD Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego, 3855 Health Sciences Drive, 0901, La Jolla, CA 92093 0901, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 15:234-43. 2013..10; 95 % CI 0.73-1.67). No positive association was observed for WHR. Our results suggest WC is independently associated with high parity in Hispanic women and may be an optimal target for post-partum weight loss interventions...
- One-year risk for advanced colorectal neoplasia: U.S. versus U.K. risk-stratification guidelinesMaria Elena Martinez
Moores Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego, 3855 Health Sciences Drive 0901, La Jolla, CA 92093 0901, USA
Ann Intern Med 157:856-64. 2012..Guidelines from the United Kingdom and the United States on risk stratification after polypectomy differ, as do recommended surveillance intervals...
- Dietary supplements and cancer prevention: balancing potential benefits against proven harmsMaria Elena Martinez
Moores UCSD Cancer Center, 3855 Health Sciences Dr, No 0901, La Jolla, CA 92093 0901
J Natl Cancer Inst 104:732-9. 2012..Both the scientific community and government regulators need to provide clear guidance to the public about the use of dietary supplements to lower cancer risk...
- Reproductive factors, heterogeneity, and breast tumor subtypes in women of mexican descentMaria Elena Martinez
Authors Affiliations Moores Cancer Center Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson Department of Surgery, Maricopa Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona Department of Pediatrics, Dan L Duncan Cancer Center, Baylor College of Medicine University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas Universidad of Guadalajara, Guadalajara Instituto Tecnológico de Sonora, Ciudad Obregón and Universidad of Sonora, Hermosillo, Mexico
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 22:1853-61. 2013..Published data support the presence of etiologic heterogeneity by breast tumor subtype, but few studies have assessed this in Hispanic populations...
- Hypothesized role of pregnancy hormones on HER2+ breast tumor developmentGiovanna I Cruz
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 137:237-46. 2013..78; 95 % CI, 1.08-2.93). These findings support the novel hypothesis that factors associated with the post-partum breast, possibly hormonal, are involved in the development of HER2+ tumors...
- Carcinogen metabolism genes, red meat and poultry intake, and colorectal cancer riskJun Wang
Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California, CA, USA
Int J Cancer 130:1898-907. 2012..Our findings also suggest a possible role for diets high in poultry cooked at high temperatures in CRC risk...