Affiliation: University of California
- Comparative analysis of the subventricular zone in rat, ferret and macaque: evidence for an outer subventricular zone in rodentsVeronica Martinez-Cerdeno
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California Davis, Sacramento, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e30178. 2012..Our data demonstrate that the developing rat cerebral cortex possesses an outer subventricular zone during late stages of cortical neurogenesis and that the developing rodent cortex shares important features with that of primates...
- Further characterization of autoantibodies to GABAergic neurons in the central nervous system produced by a subset of children with autismSharifia Wills
Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Clinical Immunology, University of California at Davis, 451 Health Sciences Drive, Suite 6510 GBSF, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Mol Autism 2:5. 2011..abstract:..
- Embryonic MGE precursor cells grafted into adult rat striatum integrate and ameliorate motor symptoms in 6-OHDA-lesioned ratsVeronica Martinez-Cerdeno
Eli and Edythe Broad Center of Regeneration Medicine and Stem Cell Research at UCSF, University of California, San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cell Stem Cell 6:238-50. 2010..Our data suggest that MGE cell transplantation into the striatum is a promising approach to investigate the potential benefits of remodeling basal ganglia circuitry in neurodegenerative diseases...
- The role of intermediate progenitor cells in the evolutionary expansion of the cerebral cortexVeronica Martinez-Cerdeno
Department of Neurology and the Institute for Stem Cell and Tissue Biology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cereb Cortex 16:i152-61. 2006..We propose that the evolution of this two-step pattern of neurogenesis played an important role in the amplification of cell numbers underlying the radial and tangential expansion of the cerebral cortex...
- Neural stem and progenitor cells in cortical developmentStephen C Noctor
Department of Neurology, UCSF School of Medicine, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0525, USA
Novartis Found Symp 288:59-73; discussion 73-8, 96-8. 2007..In this model, a temporal sequence of gene expression changes in asymmetrically dividing self-renewed RG cells could lead to the differential inheritance of cell identity genes in cortical cells generated at different cell cycles...
- Contribution of intermediate progenitor cells to cortical histogenesisStephen C Noctor
Department of Neurology, Institute for Regeneration Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Arch Neurol 64:639-42. 2007..These findings have refined our understanding of cortical neurogenesis, with implications for understanding the causes of neurodevelopmental disorders and for their potential treatment...
- Estradiol stimulates progenitor cell division in the ventricular and subventricular zones of the embryonic neocortexVeronica Martinez-Cerdeno
Department of Neurology and Program in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, 513 Parnassus Avenue, HSW 1201, Box 0525, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Eur J Neurosci 24:3475-88. 2006..These findings demonstrate a new functional role for E2 as a proliferative agent during critical stages of cerebral cortex development...
- Patterns of neural stem and progenitor cell division may underlie evolutionary cortical expansionArnold Kriegstein
Institute for Stem Cell and Tissue Biology, University of California, San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Ave, HSW, 1201, San Francisco, California, USA
Nat Rev Neurosci 7:883-90. 2006....
- Microglia regulate the number of neural precursor cells in the developing cerebral cortexChristopher L Cunningham
Neuroscience Graduate Program, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
J Neurosci 33:4216-33. 2013..Furthermore, our data suggest that any factor that alters the number or activation state of microglia in utero can profoundly affect neural development and affect behavioral outcomes...
- Distinct behaviors of neural stem and progenitor cells underlie cortical neurogenesisStephen C Noctor
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Comp Neurol 508:28-44. 2008..We propose a model for predicting daughter cell fate that considers precursor cell type, stage of development, and the planar segregation of fate determinants...
- Diversity of neural precursor cell types in the prenatal macaque cerebral cortex exists largely within the astroglial cell lineageChristopher L Cunningham
Neuroscience Graduate Program, University of California Davis, Davis, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e63848. 2013..In conclusion, we propose that the heterogeneity of neural precursor cells in the dorsal cerebral cortex develops within the GFAP+ astroglial cell class...