Katie S Martin
Affiliation: University of Connecticut
- If you stock it, will they buy it? Healthy food availability and customer purchasing behaviour within corner stores in Hartford, CT, USAKatie S Martin
Department of Allied Health Sciences, University of Connecticut, 263 Farmington Avenue, MC 6229, Farmington, CT 06030 6229, USA
Public Health Nutr 15:1973-8. 2012..The present study combines customer shopping behaviour with store food inventory data...
- Food insecurity and gender are risk factors for obesityKatie S Martin
Center for Public Health and Health Policy, University of Connecticut, East Hartford, CT 06108, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 39:31-6. 2007..Examine relationships between adult obesity, childhood overweight, and food insecurity...
- Social capital is associated with decreased risk of hungerKatie S Martin
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Connecticut, Storrs, 06269 4017, USA
Soc Sci Med 58:2645-54. 2004..Households may have similarly limited financial or food resources, but households with higher levels of social capital are less likely to experience hunger...
- Federal nutrition program changes and healthy food availabilityErin K Havens
Center for Public Health and Health Policy, University of Connecticut, East Hartford, CT, USA
Am J Prev Med 43:419-22. 2012..In October 2009, the U.S. Department of Agriculture revised the WIC food package, requiring certified stores to stock fresh produce, whole grains, and lower-fat milk...
- Food insecurity, poor diet quality, and obesity among food pantry participants in Hartford, CTKate A Robaina
Department of Community Medicine and Health Care, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 45:159-64. 2013..Examine relationships between food security, diet quality, and body mass index (BMI) among food pantry users...
- Public versus private food assistance: barriers to participation differ by age and ethnicityKatie S Martin
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 35:249-54. 2003..To examine participation in the Food Stamp Program, food pantries, and soup kitchens and to identify reasons food-insecure households choose not to participate...