Bruce C Marshall
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Influenza vaccination coverage level at a cystic fibrosis centerBruce C Marshall
Intermountain Cystic Fibrosis Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Pediatrics 109:E80-0. 2002..Annual vaccination is the most effective means to prevent or attenuate this illness. The vaccine is recommended for patients with cystic fibrosis (CF) older than 6 months, but the degree of adherence with this recommendation is unknown...
- A survey of the utilization of anti-pseudomonal beta-lactam therapy in cystic fibrosis patientsJeffery T Zobell
Department of Pharmacy, Intermountain Primary Children s Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84113, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 46:987-90. 2011..While this is of concern, it is not known if optimization of dosing strategies according to guidelines recommendations will result in clinical benefit...
- Selection of patients with cystic fibrosis for lung transplantationTheodore G Liou
Intermountain Cystic Fibrosis Center, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Respiratory Critical Care and Occupational Pulmonary Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84132, USA
Curr Opin Pulm Med 8:535-41. 2002..However, judicious use of the survival model to select patients for transplantation is likely to improve survival outcomes...
- Heterogeneity of treatment response to azithromycin in patients with cystic fibrosisLisa Saiman
Department of Pediatics, Columbia University, NY 10032, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 172:1008-12. 2005..2% improvement in the 168-d relative change in FEV1 among azithromycin participants compared with placebo participants...
- Priorities for lung transplantation among patients with cystic fibrosisTheodore G Liou
JAMA 287:1523-4; author reply 1524-5. 2002
- Impact of burkholderia infection on lung transplantation in cystic fibrosisSusan Murray
Department of Biostatistics, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 178:363-71. 2008..Infection with Burkholderia species is typically considered a contraindication to transplantation in CF. However, the risks posed by different Burkholderia species on transplantation outcomes are poorly defined...
- Evidence-based practice recommendations for nutrition-related management of children and adults with cystic fibrosis and pancreatic insufficiency: results of a systematic reviewVirginia A Stallings
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3535 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 108:832-9. 2008..These Registry data-based recommendations are presented...
- Incidence and risk factors for multiple antibiotic-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cystic fibrosisChristian A Merlo
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1830 E Monument St Fifth Floor, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Chest 132:562-8. 2007..The main objective of the study was to estimate the incidence and identify risk factors for the acquisition of MARPA among individuals with CF...
- Diagnostic sweat testing: the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation guidelinesVicky A LeGrys
Division of Clinical Laboratory Science, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7145, USA
J Pediatr 151:85-9. 2007
- Clinical response to azithromycin in cystic fibrosis correlates with in vitro effects on Pseudomonas aeruginosa phenotypesDao Nguyen
Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 42:533-41. 2007..The in vitro effect of AZM on PLC correlates with FEV(1) response to AZM. This suggests that AZM anti-virulence effects may be predictive of clinical response and play a role in the mechanism of action of AZM in CF patients...
- Azithromycin in patients with cystic fibrosis chronically infected with Pseudomonas aeruginosa: a randomized controlled trialLisa Saiman
Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032 3784, USA
JAMA 290:1749-56. 2003..Treatment strategies for cystic fibrosis (CF) lung disease include antibiotics, mucolytics, and anti-inflammatory therapies. Increasing evidence suggests that macrolide antibiotics might be beneficial in patients with CF...
- Pulmonary exacerbations in cystic fibrosis: it's time to be explicit!Bruce C Marshall
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 169:781-2. 2004
- Cystic fibrosis adult care: consensus conference reportJames R Yankaskas
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Chest 125:1S-39S. 2004
- Cystic fibrosisBruce C Marshall
Curr Opin Pulm Med 9:484-5. 2003