Alison L Marsden
Affiliation: University of California
- A new multiparameter approach to computational simulation for Fontan assessment and redesignAlison L Marsden
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department, University of California, San Diego, CA 92093 0411, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 5:104-17. 2010..We present a multi-parameter approach to Fontan modeling that establishes a platform for clinical decision making and comprehensive evaluation of proposed interventions...
- Evaluation of a novel Y-shaped extracardiac Fontan baffle using computational fluid dynamicsAlison L Marsden
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department, University of California, San Diego, Calif, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 137:394-403.e2. 2009..The performance of the Y-graft design is compared to two designs used in current practice: a t-junction connection of the venae cavae and an offset between the inferior and superior venae cavae...
- Patient-specific multiscale modeling of blood flow for coronary artery bypass graft surgerySethuraman Sankaran
Department of MAE, UCSD, La Jolla, CA 92093 0411, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 40:2228-42. 2012..Implications for future patient-specific optimization of CABG are discussed...
- Hepatic blood flow distribution and performance in conventional and novel Y-graft Fontan geometries: a case series computational fluid dynamics studyWeiguang Yang
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, La Jolla, CA 92093 0411, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 143:1086-97. 2012..The objective of this study is to comprehensively compare the hemodynamic performance and hepatic blood flow distribution of the Y-graft Fontan baffle with 2 current designs using multiple patient-specific models...
- Image-based modeling of hemodynamics in coronary artery aneurysms caused by Kawasaki diseaseDibyendu Sengupta
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of California San Diego UCSD, San Diego, CA, USA
Biomech Model Mechanobiol 11:915-32. 2012..This methodology has the potential to provide further insights into the effects of aneurysms in KD and to help risk stratify patients for appropriate medical and surgical interventions...
- Recent advances in the application of computational mechanics to the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseaseJuan C Del Alamo
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of California, San Diego, California, USA
Rev Esp Cardiol 62:781-805. 2009....
- Predictive modeling of the virtual Hemi-Fontan operation for second stage single ventricle palliation: two patient-specific casesEthan Kung
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
J Biomech 46:423-9. 2013....
- Optimization of shunt placement for the Norwood surgery using multi-domain modelingMahdi Esmaily Moghadam
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA 92093, USA
J Biomech Eng 134:051002. 2012..Results are used to quantify the origin of blood flow going through the shunt and its relationship with shunt geometry. Results show that coronary artery flow is directly related to shunt position...
- A stochastic collocation method for uncertainty quantification and propagation in cardiovascular simulationsSethuraman Sankaran
University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0411, USA
J Biomech Eng 133:031001. 2011..Uncertainty quantification of the hemodynamic simulations is done using (a) stochastic space representations, (b) PDFs, and (c) the confidence intervals for a specified level of confidence in each problem...