Affiliation: University of California
- HIV testing: an updateCarina Marquez
School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
MLO Med Lab Obs 40:12-4, 16, 18 passim. 2008
- Increased morbidity in early childhood among HIV-exposed uninfected children in Uganda is associated with breastfeeding durationCarina Marquez
Division of HIV AIDS, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
J Trop Pediatr 60:434-41. 2014..These data suggest that the increased risk of morbidity among HEU aged 6-11 years is partially explained by early cessation of breastfeeding. ..
- Methamphetamine use, sexual activity, patient-provider communication, and medication adherence among HIV-infected patients in care, San Francisco 2004-2006Carina Marquez
Internal Medicine, University of California San Francisco, CA, USA
AIDS Care 21:575-82. 2009..These findings support the need for improved screening and clinic-based interventions to reduce and treat methamphetamine abuse and associated high risk sexual behaviors...
- Methamphetamine use, transmission risk behavior and internet use among HIV-infected patients in medical care, San Francisco, 2008Taylor Clark
School of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, 94117, USA
AIDS Behav 16:396-403. 2012..24%). Given the association among methamphetamine use, increased sex partners and Internet use, the Internet may present a new and effective medium for interventions to reduce methamphetamine-associated sexual risk behavior...
- Assessing the quality of tuberculosis evaluation for children with prolonged cough presenting to routine community health care settings in rural UgandaCarina Marquez
Division of HIV AIDS, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e105935. 2014..Improving childhood tuberculosis (TB) evaluation and care is a global priority, but data on performance at community health centers in TB endemic regions are sparse...
- HIV-associated central nervous system tuberculosisGabriel Chamie
HIV AIDS Division, Department of Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California, San Francisco, California
Semin Neurol 34:103-15. 2014..The authors review recent updates and highlight challenges specific to CNS TB in the HIV-infected patient. ..