Affiliation: University of California
- Association of the APOLIPOPROTEIN A1/C3/A4/A5 gene cluster with triglyceride levels and LDL particle size in familial combined hyperlipidemiaRebecca Mar
Department of Human Genetics, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Circ Res 94:993-9. 2004....
- Combined analysis of genome scans of dutch and finnish families reveals a susceptibility locus for high-density lipoprotein cholesterol on chromosome 16qPaivi Pajukanta
Department of Human Genetics, David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Am J Hum Genet 72:903-17. 2003..1 region, we investigated a novel functional and positional candidate gene, helix/forkhead transcription factor (FOXC2), by sequencing and by genotyping of two single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the families...
- Locus for elevated apolipoprotein B levels on chromosome 1p31 in families with familial combined hyperlipidemiaHooman Allayee
Department of Human Genetics, Gonda Genetics Research Center, University of California, Los Angeles 90095, USA
Circ Res 90:926-31. 2002..This is one of the first loci identified for apoB levels in humans and is the second major locus implicated in the genetic etiology of FCH...
- Genetics of atherosclerosisAldons J Lusis
Department of 1Human Genetics, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Annu Rev Genomics Hum Genet 5:189-218. 2004..Successful discovery of these genetic factors will require using complementary approaches with animal models, large-scale human genetic studies, and functional experiments. This review emphasizes the common, complex forms of CAD...
- Arachidonate 5-lipoxygenase promoter genotype, dietary arachidonic acid, and atherosclerosisJames H Dwyer
Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, CA 91803 8000, USA
N Engl J Med 350:29-37. 2004....