Bryce A Mander
Affiliation: University of California
- Prefrontal atrophy, disrupted NREM slow waves and impaired hippocampal-dependent memory in agingBryce A Mander
Sleep and Neuroimaging Laboratory, University of California, Berkeley, California, USA
Nat Neurosci 16:357-64. 2013..Such findings suggest that sleep disruption in the elderly, mediated by structural brain changes, represents a contributing factor to age-related cognitive decline in later life...
- EEG measures index neural and cognitive recovery from sleep deprivationBryce A Mander
Northwestern University Interdepartmental Neuroscience Program, and Department of Neurology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Neurosci 30:2686-93. 2010..We thus propose that slow waves, reflected in delta power during RS, act to restore brain function, thereby improving cognitive performance that entails response inhibition...
- Concurrent impairments in sleep and memory in amnestic mild cognitive impairmentCarmen E Westerberg
Psychology Department and Interdepartmental Neuroscience Program, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, USA
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 18:490-500. 2012..These results suggest that sleep changes in aMCI patients contribute to memory impairments by interfering with sleep-dependent memory consolidation...
- Sleep deprivation alters functioning within the neural network underlying the covert orienting of attentionBryce A Mander
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Brain Res 1217:148-56. 2008..These changes may render sleep-deprived individuals less able to anticipate the locations of upcoming events, and more susceptible to distraction by stimuli at irrelevant locations...
- Wake deterioration and sleep restoration of human learningBryce A Mander
Sleep and Neuroimaging Laboratory Department of Psychology, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 1650, USA
Curr Biol 21:R183-4. 2011....