Affiliation: University of Utah
- Variability in Ultrasound Education among Emergency Medicine ResidenciesMatthew Ahern
University of Utah, Division of Emergency Department, Salt Lake City, UT
West J Emerg Med 11:314-8. 2010..Our goal is to evaluate the current ultrasound practices among EM residency programs and assess the need for further formalization of EUS training...
- A novel technique for ultrasound-guided supraclavicular subclavian cannulationMichael Mallin
University of Utah Emergency Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Am J Emerg Med 28:966-9. 2010..We recommend using the endocavitary (EC) probe to perform supraclavicular (SUP) SC line placement and evaluate emergency medicine residents' skill and comfort in using this technique after an education session...
- Prospective evaluation of a simplified risk stratification tool for patients with chest pain in an emergency department observation unitMatthew Fuller
Division of Emergency Medicine, University of Utah, 50 N Medical Dr, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Crit Pathw Cardiol 12:132-6. 2013....
- Prospective outcomes of pregnant ED patients with documented fetal cardiac activity on ultrasoundMichael Mallin
University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Am J Emerg Med 30:472-5. 2012..We sought to prospectively evaluate outcomes among pregnant ED patients with documented cardiac activity on ultrasound...
- Ultrasound-guided, Bougie-assisted cricothyroidotomy: a description of a novel technique in cadaveric modelsKeith Curtis
Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Surgery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Acad Emerg Med 19:876-9. 2012..To the best of our knowledge there is currently no description of how to perform an US-guided open cricothyroidotomy in the literature...
- Web-based emergency department patient satisfaction surveys may introduce potential for biasCamille Broadwater-Hollifield
Division of Emergency Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
J Emerg Med 46:404-9. 2014..Emergency departments (ED) have proposed utilizing a Web-based format to distribute patient satisfaction surveys, but the potential for bias in this distribution method has not been assessed...
- Prospective evaluation of the use of the thrombolysis in myocardial infarction score as a risk stratification tool for chest pain patients admitted to an ED observation unitJessica Holly
University of Utah School of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Division of Emergency Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Am J Emerg Med 31:185-9. 2013..Risk stratification of patients in this group could identify those at risk for significant cardiac events. Our goal was to evaluate TIMI use for risk stratification in this population and compare outcomes among differing scores...
- Folic acid use in pregnant patients presenting to the emergency departmentJacob Steenblik
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Int J Emerg Med 4:38. 2011..abstract:..