David H Malin
Affiliation: University of Houston-Clear Lake
- Short-term blueberry-enriched diet prevents and reverses object recognition memory loss in aging ratsDavid H Malin
University of Houston Clear Lake, Houston, Texas, USA
Nutrition 27:338-42. 2011..Experiment 2 determined whether a 1-mo BB diet could subsequently reverse existing object memory impairment in aging rats...
- Reversal of morphine tolerance by a compound with NPFF receptor subtype-selective actionsDavid H Malin
University of Houston Clear Lake, Houston, TX 77058, United States Electronic address
Neurosci Lett 584:141-5. 2015..Thus, altering the balance between activation of NPFF receptor subtypes may provide one approach to reversing opiate tolerance...
- Inhibition of monoamine oxidase isoforms modulates nicotine withdrawal syndrome in the ratD H Malin
University of Houston Clear Lake, Houston, TX, USA Electronic address
Life Sci 93:448-53. 2013..This study determined the effect of inhibiting MAO and its isoforms on nicotine withdrawal syndrome...
- Passive immunization against nicotine attenuates somatic nicotine withdrawal syndrome in the ratDavid H Malin
University of Houston Clear Lake, 2700 Bay Area Blvd, Houston, TX 77058, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 12:438-44. 2010..Therefore, it was of interest to evaluate the effects of nicotine antibodies on the withdrawal syndrome following termination of chronic nicotine administration...
- Passive immunization against nicotine attenuates nicotine discriminationDavid H Malin
University of Houston Clear Lake, TX 77058, USA
Life Sci 70:2793-8. 2002..The results suggest that passive immunization can interfere with the stimulus properties of nicotine...
- Bupropion attenuates nicotine abstinence syndrome in the ratDavid H Malin
University of Houston Clear Lake, P O Box 237, 2700 Bay Area Blvd, Houston, TX 77058, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 184:494-503. 2006..Bupropion reduces discomfort and craving associated with smoking cessation. This study determined whether a rat model of nicotine dependence could detect such nicotine abstinence-alleviating effects...