Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Phylogeographic analysis and environmental niche modeling of the plain-bellied watersnake (Nerodia erythrogaster) reveals low levels of genetic and ecological differentiationRobert Makowsky
University of Texas at Arlington, Department of Biology, Arlington, TX, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 55:985-95. 2010..erythrogaster appear to represent a single, widespread species. However, additional sampling and application of nuclear markers are necessary to clarify the status of the easternmost populations...
- Analyzing the relationship between sequence divergence and nodal support using Bayesian phylogenetic analysesRobert Makowsky
University of Texas at Arlington, Department of Biology, Box 19498, Arlington, TX 76019, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 57:485-94. 2010..This information should be useful for selecting the most informative gene to resolve any relationships, especially those that are difficult to resolve, as well as minimizing both cost and confounding information during project design...
- Beyond missing heritability: prediction of complex traitsRobert Makowsky
Department of Biostatistics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Alabama, United States of America
PLoS Genet 7:e1002051. 2011..While such R(2) values vastly exceed what has been previously reported using a reduced number of pre-selected markers (<0.10), given the heritability of the trait (∼ 0.80), substantial room for improvement remains...
- Validity and power of missing data imputation for extreme sampling and terminal measures designs in mediation analysisRobert Makowsky
Department of Biostatistics, University of Alabama at Birmingham Birmingham, AL, USA
Front Genet 2:75. 2011..Yet, the use of extreme sampling designs and methods to handle the resultant missing data presents a viable research strategy...
- Nuclear-mitochondrial discordance and gene flow in a recent radiation of toadsBrian E Fontenot
Department of Biology, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX 76019, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 59:66-80. 2011....
- FcγR gene copy number in Kawasaki disease and intravenous immunoglobulin treatment responseRobert Makowsky
Department of Biostatistics, Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 23:455-62. 2013..However, it is not known whether the existing gene copy number (GCN) variability relates to KD treatment response, susceptibility, or associated sequelae...
- Intramyocellular lipid and insulin resistance: differential relationships in European and African AmericansKatherine H Ingram
Department of Biostatistics, University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:1469-75. 2011..These results highlight ethnic differences in the determinants of insulin sensitivity and in the pathogenesis of the metabolic syndrome trait cluster...